March 28, 2024, 03:00:27 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Started a letter-Then Stopped

Started by just2baccepted, September 30, 2009, 12:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chickiebaby

I guess anything is possible.  I thought close DIL and I were friends but maybe she is just like the other one.  I am getting to where I don't trust anyone anymore.

People are so different than I am...so what else is new, huh?  We all are different; except it seems like people are more out for their own needs and can cast someone out without regard.

Sometimes I think some people have just enough psychology to make them dangerous.  When DIL and son were just dating I asked son if he was going to Roger's (a friend of his) wedding.  He told me, "no".

I said: "son! he's a close friend!  You're not going?"

She, soon to be DIL, said to me: "you're trying to control us and you're not going to get away with it!"

You can't say anything at all to your "one time kids". 

just2baccepted

Maybe I misunderstood.  So this guy is not friends with the difficult DIL?  If you were talking about your other DIL then maybe the guy is just a turd, who knows.

2chickiebaby

yes, it is close DIL's friend.  His wife is just as unique....I can't understand their friendship but I guess there's something important for them in it.  Not my kind of friends but I don't understand saying insulting things to someone's mother.