March 28, 2024, 02:48:45 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I AM A MIL

Started by SunnyDays09, September 09, 2009, 04:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just2baccepted

I tried to post this earlier but it may not have gone through but I just wanted to thank all the MIL's on this site who have been so welcoming to me as DIL.  I know its not always easy.  But I had checked out some of those DIL sites and they were brutal.  I was apprehensive about posting here at first but most everyone has been really nice.  Thank you ladies for helping me work through my issues with my IL's.

CarolN

I am a MIL and just recently found this site---and I am so glad I did :)

luise.volta

Welcome CarolN - Glad to have you aboard!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

SunnyDays09

Quote from: AnnieB on September 10, 2009, 09:15:42 AM
Unwrapping Snickers, handing them around

Young person at front door yesterday -- what they selling now????  Ok, go to door, smile, "yes?"  ma'm, would you like to busy some..."  "YES" let me get my purse...don't go away.  stay right there"  Great.  NO.  CASH.  I do have a 20 in my purse.  NO.  For I will buy 20 bars.  I mean the kid has those please buy a lot eyes--I could win a whatever.  20 bars.  could I?  NO. 

Found four quarters...running to door.  Here.  What kind are they?  Well there is a chocolate with carmel..  YES. GREAT.  OK.  Gimme that one.  Here's your quarters.   (Please--GO! thinking to myself:  before I grab that twenty). 

Ripped the wrapper off.  On floor, dogs making their way to the new item on floor.  I see the chocolate.  Oh. NO.  Thinking: just started new diet.  DON"T LOOK AT CALORIES!  Just a taste.  OMG.  They are in sections.  Six sections.  Ok.  I had two and thru the rest away!   
  Thats all.