April 25, 2024, 01:04:14 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY

Started by irenic, November 25, 2010, 01:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irenic

It is very hard for me today, 41 years ago, she was on her way into this world.  Today
I am so sad, wish we could share the day again. 

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

jill

Dear Irenic,
Thinking of you today.  It is so sad that the happiest days of our life should be remembered like this.  My ODD is 42.  When I look back, it seems everything went downhill when she turned 40.

Love....Jill

Barbie

Iranic,

My heart goes out to you. I know it's very tough for you right now but don't lose hope, it may take a while but she'll be back. Have faith, everything and anything is possible. I hope in the meantime you find peace.

Hugs.

irenic

WEll she texted me today, only put her name and have a happy thanksgiving, I am trying not to read to much into it.
It was a shock!

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

irenic

Nothing else from myi D, at least she thought of me.

Tara

Irenic,

glad you got a text message. 
do you know how to text back?

Blessings  Tara

elsieshaye

I'm really glad to hear that, Irenic!
This too shall pass.  All is well.

jill

I am so happy you heard from her, it must have made your day. Hopefully it is the beginning of a reconciliation.

irenic

I did not respond to her, thought it might spook her, too much too soon.  I am going to wait for her
to call or text more, and yes, I have tried texting her a zillion times, I was so shocked, but nothing else from her
so I assume she still does not want contact.  Its in her court I think, I have tried and tried, maybe it has to be
at her pace.  Thanks to all of you, I know we all share broken hearts and pining for our loved ones.  I
am so wanting her to do more, but maybe it is a power greater than my hands right now.

Tara

Irenic,  sounds like you are doing the right thing, its the same approach I am embarking on right now.

Barbie

Irenic,

I'm glad your daughter thought of you. Hang in there friend.
                                  Blessings.

irenic

Thanks Barbie, I guess I will never stop hoping she will do more than a text, it breaks my heart.....I am hanging in,
had a glorious Thanksgiving with friends.  I can't help but think she thought of me as we always had Thanksgiving dinners
together.  She was born on Thanksgiving, it was always special.  I know we all are in agony at this time of year, but
it helps if even like you respond.  Thanks so much.