April 19, 2024, 01:39:42 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Here's the latest

Started by Barbie, November 24, 2010, 06:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

We often wonder on our site why DSs don't stand up to DILs. You are giving us another view...of what it might cost them to do that. Bless his heart. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

Barbie, I know this isn't how you wanted your Thanksgiving to work out but I'm happy you will be able to spend a little time with your son and grandchild.  When the time is right and the child is no where near to hear, I would ask if there is anything that you can do to help the situation.  Knowing that you will do anything that is requested should help put him at ease.  I can only imagine how you feel, but sometimes loving someone allows us to back away.  It's obvious that your son cares deeply about you, and I hope that his marriage will find happiness.

Both you and your husband sound like wonderful parents and fantastic grandparents.  All you can do now is to quietly sit in the shadows until you are asked to provide aid.
Have a blessed holiday.

luise.volta

Happy Thanksgiving your guys!  :D

Tara

Happy Thanksgiving all

Barbie,  I'm glad that you are going to see your son and GC.

Blessings,  Tara

Pen

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. For our members outside of the US, be thankful this day you don't have to deal with cooking, family drama, clean up, an added 5-10 lbs of body weight, and where to put a ton of leftovers other than on our thighs, LOL.

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Nana

Barbie:

Hope you enjoy your gd and son.  Keep us posted as to what happens.

Happy Thanksgiving

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Faithlooksup

Oh my goodness--the Son is torn up inside, he has a wife who does not care for his Parents and of course for NO great reason, that bothers him.  And then the Son wants to spend time with his parents and that bothers the wife.  Sooooo which way do you go?????

luise.volta

We try going up, down, over and around before we get to "through."