March 28, 2024, 06:30:12 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Feeling left out in son's wedding plans, what should we do?

Started by sadsadmom, November 23, 2010, 03:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

willingtohelp

But Luise, it's not about how old the calendar says you are but how old you are at heart.  I have to echo the sentiments expressed before.  Everyone on this board is an individual, just as in life.  The MILs here are not my MIL.  Their DILs are not who I am.  There are some people here who I find myself agreeing with over and over.  There are others who I disagree with sometimes.  But I think at the end of the day, we all respect each other.  And we trust each other.  That's why I came here originally, why I stayed here, why I kept reading here even when I didn't have time to type, and why I am back posting now that I have a few moments.  Because I believe this board is unique. 

luise.volta

How lovely, Clover...thank you! I feel very healthy and focused and love this work. There is something about being 84 (next week) and being useful that is quite wonderful.

We now have over 2,300 members and keep growing. I still read every post because that is the way to keep it unique. When someone comes who wants to start fights and choose up sides...I remind them that's not what we're about and warn them that I can be a force to be reckoned with!  :o  And when we get a person so attached to being a victim that all our efforts result in "Ya, buts" that has to be handled, too. Some are super-sensitive and can't take any controversy at all and of course we have that on occasion. I see it as healthy in most cases.

I still remember when you first appeared. We hadn't had any DILs. It was then www.MotherInLawsUnite.com.
What a pioneer you were. I still smile that you blessed me by saying (in a PM) that I reminded your of a grandmother you dearly love and respect. My other counseling Web-site, www.MomResponds.com , is also thriving, as well. So, I'm plugging along.

When you get a chance PM me about your daughter and work if you can. I know you are really busy but would love to catch up.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama