March 28, 2024, 03:50:18 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Olympic squad of fighting grandmothers

Started by seasage, November 20, 2010, 11:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faithlooksup

Seasage~~I am a "Newbie" here (1 week old as a matter of fact) so I am not aware of everyones story...
Option # 2 is good, as long as it works.  I have a friend is also going thru a similar situation with her DIL..she sends cards to GC all the time only to find out thru Son that DIL throws out everything she sends, so the GC have NO idea what Grandma is sending them...Horrible isn't it.

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Faithlooksup

Thanks Luise, I did not realise I made that many myself... :) ;) :D ;D :-*

holliberri

LaurieS

February 01, 2011, 02:11:58 PM #19 Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 03:50:07 PM by luise.volta
oh wow my comment was deleted.. I thought it was fitting

cadagi101

Quote from: Laurie on February 01, 2011, 02:11:58 PM
oh wow my exploding vagina comment was deleted.. I thought it was fitting

Ha ha, I had to read it a few x's till I laughed and will laugh all day.

LaurieS

I thought she was very descriptive .. I almost wish I had pasted her critique of the boards to word.. 

Pooh

Dang...a drive-by MILing and I missed it!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

February 01, 2011, 02:37:35 PM #23 Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 03:51:13 PM by luise.volta
Quote from: Pooh on February 01, 2011, 02:35:49 PM
Dang...a drive-by MILing and I missed it!

And this one has her guns or should I say blasting

holliberri

I've been laughing the whole way to the store and back about it! Luise is a better woman than I, that's all I have to say.

luise.volta

Descriptive, yes...OK here, no. Come on you guys, you are having way too much fun! (And yes, I'm ROTFL!)

LaurieS

We hope you copied that lovely statement of hatred.. Pooh missed it and now she feels left out

luise.volta

Pen

I missed the whole thing. Some of us have stuff to do all day, you know... >:(
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta