March 28, 2024, 11:06:09 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

The Human Experience

Started by Rose799, November 17, 2010, 05:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rose799

November 17, 2010, 05:54:36 PM Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 11:09:04 PM by Rose799
Just watched this documentary from Cox On Demand. 

Here's a video of the trailer:

http://www.break.com/movie-trailers/the-human-experience-trailer.html

luise.volta

Here's to an Up Day, tomorrow! :-)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

seasage

November 17, 2010, 07:45:26 PM #2 Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:52:53 PM by seasage
The trailer says " The story of a band of brothers who travel the world in search of the answers to the burning questions: Who am I? Who is Man? Why do we search for meaning?"

Last week I read Somerset Maugham's "Razor's Edge", in which the protagonist is a young man, recently back from WWI, who travels the world seeking answers to the same questions.

Next week is Roger Pielke's policy-wonk book "The Climate Fix", which my son has ordered me to read so that we can have a good debate at the Thanksgiving table.  That will either keep me out of trouble, or get me in deeper, depending on how far apart we are on politics and policy.  ;)

Reading = escape!!!

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Tara

Quote from: Rose799 on November 17, 2010, 05:54:36 PM
I am experiencing a down day today & wanted to escape for a while.  DH & I just watched this documentary from Cox On Demand.   I highly recommend it~

Here's a video of the trailer:

http://www.break.com/movie-trailers/the-human-experience-trailer.html

Hi Rose,

I looked at the trailer, it looks good.