March 28, 2024, 02:16:20 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Happy Day

Started by jill, November 13, 2010, 02:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jill

I spoke to my granddaughter for 5 minutes today.  I called to ask her what she would like for Christmas, and fortunately she answered the phone, so I did not have to go through my dd. Anyway we talked for a few minutes which was wonderful.  I asked if her mom was there, and she said she is busy.  She is 10 so is old enough to know that things are not right with her mom and me.  But at least I got to talk to her which makes me feel a lot better.  Just had to share this with you ladies.  I don't know if I will have the opportunity to see her at Christmas, but I feel it is one little step.

LaurieS

Jill.. it's wonderful that you had a chance to speak with your gd.  I have to ask tho, how will your dd feel about you having conversation with her dd without her knowledge?  I'd hate to imagine that she could view this as going behind her back.. as you said your gd is only 10 and totally innocent of what transpires between you and her mother. 

I hope she was able to tell you something special that she's been hoping for.

jill

Hi Laurie,
I am sure my number flashed on the phone, and I guess my dd did not mind her answering it.  So she knew I was talking to her, and when I asked about her mom, she said she was busy, which I guess meant she did not want to talk to me.  I was really nervous when I made the call, wondering what was going to happen, and glad that my gd answered it.

LaurieS

I hope you and your daughter can come to terms... being on the outs with my own child would leave me heartbroken.  I didn't think about caller ID.. good.. I was worried for no reason..

luise.volta

Something lovely! We are all happy for you. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Faithlooksup

This is very positive!!!  For when a 10 year old answers the phone--normally the parents asks~ "who is calling."  And that was not asked so the DD knew you were talking to her--One step forward...  HUGS...