March 28, 2024, 04:14:32 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Patriot Guard Riders

Started by Pooh, January 12, 2011, 08:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

Ok Pooh.. You lost me.. how is a penguin representative of your second date?  I have in my mind you either went to the zoo, or had a formal night out.

Pooh

During our first date, I mentioned that I really loved Penguins.  We got in a conversation about how some penguins only have one mate for life.  He asked if I had seen the new penguin exhibit at the aquarium (it had opened about a year prior) and I told him no, I had never made it there yet.  So he took me on our 2nd date.  So he now tells people I am his penguin :)

And Laura, I think it must be a big thing for military people to get them.  My YS wants one now too.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

I don't know about the military connection and tattoos.. my son said that they are highly discouraged and if one does get a tattoo it has to be documented in their file.  It may hinge on the branch or the rank.. I don't know.. Holliberri can probably answer this better.

holliberri

You can get into the military with a tattoo, as long as it doesn't cover more than 25% of a body part. Absolutely nothing on the face!

After that, you can't really get a tattoo at all (at least in the Air Force) where it will be seen. (Back and stomach are okay, as well as legs, b/c pants are generally worn when going out in the public).

You do have to let them know of any tattoos though; only b/c bad things can happen, like Hepatitis, and they need to know exactly what they might be covering in terms of medical expenses.

penelope

I love the penguin story~ marines can have them anywhere except face and 3/4 way up the arm..when they wear short sleeves they have to be rolled,only a little bit can show,my oldest was going to go in and had to sign a waiver on the one covering his forearm,you can go in with them,just like holliberri said,they have to be documented,my Marine son has them everywhere, jarheads seem to love them!!! Marines wear certain shirts for different seasons,so they are covered up alot,they have alot of rules in regards to dress code..once I was doing a fundraiser for the troops and I had on my ds cammi shirt,a man stopped and reemed me becouse marines cannot be in uniform in public unless working,I was told I disrespected the uniform as it was not issued to me and my son could be in alot of trouble,I was so scared,that night I chatted with my ds via FB and told him what I did,he said it's fine,no ones gonna look him up and repremand him for me having on his shirt,just not to do it again,and told me next time tell the man to donate before he voices his opinion:) lol

Pooh

Ok, now that's funny.  I like your DS.   :)  I am sure the Army has policies and waivers and such like the others, but it must be just where it will not be seen in uniform, because all the guys in his barracks are going out on weekends and getting them.  He wants to get one down his side, so probably similar to the Air Force.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

penelope

my son has SEMPER down one side and FIDELIS down the other,said it hurt like a begeebiz!! lol right on the rib cage...ouch I've seen some in spots that make you think WHO DOES THAT??? haha I think when I lose all my weight I want one around the top of my arm,right now i have a tad to much realestate going on so i think it would cost a small fortune!!! lol