March 28, 2024, 01:31:54 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Neighbors from: Need your Help Please

Started by kathleen, November 09, 2010, 03:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Quote from: Pen on February 08, 2011, 02:28:45 PM
LOL..

When people show you who they are, believe them.

â€”Maya Angelou

That's great Pen!  I'm putting that one on a pillow!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

kathleen

MIL's,

I was up in the middle of the night drafting my resignation from the Commission.  Once I got it, I slept well for the first time since all this started.  I submitted it this morning.

The good news is that there is a very well-run citizens group forming against the pit.  We met last night.  Great people, a real agenda, equal dialogue.  I will be active with them.   I think I will actually have friends on it.  It will be so nice not to be an object of games and hostility anymore.  It feels like a huge boulder has been lifted from my shoulders.  And who knows, maybe I'll make it into Guinness for having the shortest term of a Conservation commissioner in history!

As for this afternoon, I'm going to watch a Lifetime movie and take a nap.  Maybe two Lifetime movies; maybe two naps.  Maybe coconut candy.

Thanks for all your support.  It was so helpful, so invaluable, to have a place to go with all this.  You guys are tops.

Appreciatively,

Kathleen

Pen

Good news, Kathleen! I'm glad you got out of that situation. Good for you! Enjoy your afternoon...
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

Good to hear Kathleen that it gave you a good nights sleep.  And congrats on finding a nicer group.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

kathleen

Thanks again to all of you who wrote with such great suggestions and support about my neighbors. They are gone!

They moved out a few weeks ago.  Then one Sunday they came back.  Hubby was at his health club and I was in the kitchen when I heard a loud engine noise.  I thought gee, it's Sunday, there aren't big trucks on the road today.  So I went to the window and saw their truck in my driveway.  There is no chance they drove down my driveway by accident, because they lived just across the street.  I think they saw me at the window and and pulled out. Who knows what they wanted? Made my sons and hubby nervous so hub is getting estimates on a driveway gate with an automatic shut and open on it.

That afternoon that they returned was their usual three-ring circus, with many other trucks coming and going and revving engines and parking on conservation land.  They had left the place in quite a state, so now they were throwing some of their yard junk on the backs of the trucks.  Finally they were gone and as Hub said, "It's like hitting yourself with a hammer, when it stops it feels so good." 

We pretty much thought that was the end of it, until Hub stopped into the police station yesterday to talk to his buddy, who runs the desk, for advice on who builds the best security fences.  He got a recommendation, and also the news that the neighbors from h had been evicted!  For non-payment of rent! 

This means that the landlord/owner who refused to help us got stiffed on his rent; the rental agent at the local real estate company who also refused to help and was so nasty had his reputation damaged; and the neighbors had to move in the middle of the school year.

Do you believe in karma, what goes around comes around?  I feel badly for the kids, but they were approaching becoming teenagers and I was imagining having a couple more in that household fixing cars, snowmobiles, and shooting around in loud ATV's.  On that score they practically wrecked the owner's lawn and ran the vehicles on their abutter's land until those people had to get it stopped.  And I don't feel bad for the others involved since they did nothing to help us and our other neighbors. 

Happy days are here again!  Onward to the gravel pit; that outcome doesn't look so good now, but it's not over yet.

Kathleen

luise.volta

Buy the place quck and maybe donate it to the conservation piece!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

kathleen

Show me the money honey and I'll do just that!!!

Kathleen

Faithlooksup

Hi Kathleen,  Glad to see you are back :) along with the good news as well...However, I do hope the landlord just does not go and rent it out again to some troublemakers~~ then on the upswing he may now become more careful with his choices!!!!!  YAY for you.....Keep a lookin up~never down.....and keep up the GREAT work!!!

Hugs across the many miles, Faith :)