April 19, 2024, 12:44:18 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Started by Rose799, November 08, 2010, 03:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rose799

November 08, 2010, 03:28:07 PM Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 11:14:28 PM by Rose799
It occurred to me that dd may some day be a future mil spoken of here.   I read with interest the post about fight or flight syndrome.  Over the years, I've repeated the stages of grief.  The final stage supposedly is acceptance.  I can't be sure, but I think just maybe I've reached it.  I want to thank you for this site, Luise.  I've been a lurker, and have learned a lot from you all.  I'm sorry I didn't post sooner, I was too hurt and ashamed.

Rose

luise.volta

Welcime...now let the love flow in...feel it. Take a deep breath. You're home!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Louey0727

Dear Rose 799:

Welcome to this forum.  Trust me when I say, you will get support and feedback that will make you stronger and be able to deal with your problem.  Keep on posting and vent your feelings, no one here is going to judge you, we are all members to this forum because we too have problems and are trying to deal with them. 
Remember, you are not alone and try to read posts that the other ladies have written that deal with our children.  When I say children - - they are adult/children.
Remember this, like Luise said.......You're home............you have arrived at a safe haven.
Helen

Pen

Welcome, Rose799. You have nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to the behavior of others. They make their own choices. Take care.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

jill

Welcome Rose799,
I am a newbie too, have been coming here for over two months, and I think I am starting to feel a little better, thanks to the wise words and support from all the wonderful women here.  I still have bad days and tears, but when my dd cut me out of her life, I was not sure I would ever be able to handle the situation.  I am currently reading the book "When Parents Hurt" by Joshua Coleman, which one of the ladies suggested, and is also a great help.       So hopefully with counselling and all the support here, I hope someday to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Best Wishes....Jill   

Nana

Welcome Rose
Yes sometimes we feel ashamed.  But as Pen said "nothing to be ashamed of" .  Good you decided to join in.  I love this site and come in everyday.  Sometimes 2 or three times a day...with my coffee, soda or whatever.  Just love it.....feel at home

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

jomama

I'm still a noob, too. I can't begin to explain the relief I felt when I found these ladies.  But I am still shocked at how many parents are thrown into this purgatory, by their own children. I read several blogs by daughters who have cut their mothers off. The majority  of these girls are the main problem, riding the sympathy train. You would not believe the "reasons" one gave for her hate. (I won't post it here, but I will PM  ;))  I just don't get their fascination with drama and chaos.

jill- I just started that book too!

barelythere

Quote from: jomama on November 08, 2010, 06:58:38 PM
I'm still a noob, too. I can't begin to explain the relief I felt when I found these ladies.  But I am still shocked at how many parents are thrown into this purgatory, by their own children. I read several blogs by daughters who have cut their mothers off. The majority  of these girls are the main problem, riding the sympathy train. You would not believe the "reasons" one gave for her hate. (I won't post it here, but I will PM  ;))  I just don't get their fascination with drama and chaos.

jill- I just started that book too!

I don't know if all of you were raised this way but we took care of our families.  If they were sick, a loss, a death, we looked after them gladly.  I've noticed that some today don't feel the need to look after their own.  It makes me sad to read about people putting their own parents in 'time out' when they are suffering the loss of their mates.  It's disgusting. 

"I'm sick of his pathetic whining.  I don't need that in my life and will not tolerate it.  I'm putting him in time out till he can learn his boundaries".

Are you kidding me?  You are talking about your father who raised you, who is grieving the death of your mother and you're putting him in time out for what you call whining?  It makes me just want to give up on this society. 

Pooh

Welcome to our WWU world Rose.  I am sorry you are dealing with this pain.  And I was also glad to see that you are seeing a doc and getting help.  That's the key, take care of yourself and remember that YOU MATTER!

Big hugs!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Right back atcha, Rose!  ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama