March 28, 2024, 08:24:57 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I'm Back!

Started by Marilyn, November 07, 2010, 11:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marilyn

I thank you too,this is a wonderful place.It truly has been a blessing for me.

I haven't posted in a long time,i finally found a job after 16 months of being unemployed.And in summer time,with the garden and yard work it doesn't leave me with much time.But i sure have missed everyone,and hope to be posting more and can be of some help to others.

How is Val doing Luise?And how is that ankle of yours?

luise.volta

I split the topic so we could give you a proper Home Coming! It's so good to see your signature again!  :D

Val is about the same. Thanks for asking. He sleeps about 18 to 20 hours a day but he know me and loves my taking the dog over to see him every day. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Hope

Welcome back, MIW!   ;D   Sure did miss you.  Any new developments?
Hugs, Hope

Marilyn

Thank you for the warm welcome back!!!.........That feels so good!!! and its so good to be back!!!

I am so much stronger and wiser than when i stumbled across this web site over a yr ago.I have been in and out of counseling over the course of 5 to 6 yrs before finding WWU.This site has helped me more than anything!!!

New things with me...............I was rehired at my old job I had 10yrs ago,I got the warmest welcome back there also.They told me they had made alot of positive changes in the company,but bringing me back was one of the most positive things they had done.I get compliments daily,and feel so appreciated.I feel so very, very blessed to have a job.I have been going to church and connecting with some really good people.Since I have finally let go of trying to have a relationship with my son and DIL it has been less stress and not weighing me down.I'm not wasting any more time fretting about them.I have felt better than i have in years.All the turmoil and stress is not healthy.
I have also decided to have my will changed and leave everything,"what little there will be" to my Brother.He will make sure my wishes are respected.I want him to make sure on each one of my GC's 30th birthday they receive a Birthday card from Gramma with 1/3 share of the will.
I will be long gone........they will be old enough then to know I really really loved them.And it also protects my money from going to my son and DIL to help with any college,i will not help them in any way.I know this sounds very harsh,but i am a very very caring loving person who has been pushed to the limit.They have truly mistaken my kindness as weakness.

I will be happy with out them in my life...............I deserve the best!!!

Nana

Morning

I also welcome you back.  I felt good reading your post.  You did change and for the better.  You now have a job and that probably made you more secure.  Things sometimes changed and they did for you.  You sound happy and positive....good way to go girl...
You now know that we had a life before having our children, we can sure have one once they are gone....and I mean gone...lol.
Good luck
Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Marilyn

Thanks Nana!!!

It's so good to be back!!!