March 28, 2024, 09:38:39 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

RECIPES

Started by cremebrulee, November 06, 2010, 05:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cremebrulee

November 06, 2010, 05:04:36 AM Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 06:56:54 AM by cremebrulee
Just wanted you to know, I'm making Chicken fried steak tonight for supper...and inviting the girls over, this better turn out...gulp...LOL

Thanks to all of you for giving me the recipes

CREMEBRULEE PIE (updated) 9:55 Sat. Morning

Preheat over to 350

place rack in middle of oven....

Pastry for two deep dish pies
I use the larger glass fluted pie dishes...and make a thin crust...

Ingrediants:
6 eggs
1 c. half & half
1 c. whole milk or whipping cream
1 c. sugar
2 t. vanilla
1 T. Flour
Dash Salt
1/2 t. nutmeg

I put everything in the blender
mix on low...so you don't get many bubbles
let set while rinsing 3 packages of large blackberries
drain in colandar

half black berries and place each half in prepared pie crust
which has not been prebaked

pour egg mixture into unbaked pie shells, it will pretty much fill the pies to the top

Bake @350 for 45 minutes, do not open oven...allow pies to cool in oven
for approx 40 minutes...then refrigerate for 8 hours before serving

if you want, make a black raspberry sauce which will take extra blackberries

2 cups fresh raspberries, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, a blender or food processor, metal or yogurt strainer, wide mouth bowl or container, measuring cup and spoons.

Begin by rinsing the berries in cool water and draining in a colander. Add the berries and the water in the blender, puree 1-2 minutes until the berries are completely liquefied. Place the strainer over the wide mouth container and pour the liquid into the strainer. Filling it only ½ way. Using a small spoon stir the mixture to help remove the seeds and allow the liquid to drain into the container. Repeat this process until all of the berry mixture has been strained.

Add the sugar to the berry mixture and blend or stir until the sugar has dissolved completely. Cover and chill at least one hour prior to serving. The raspberry sauce will thicken and become sweeter the longer it is refrigerated. It will keep up to 5 days in the refrigerator.

I take whipping cream and make home made whipped cream...place whipped cream over the top of each serving....then drizzle black raspberry sauce over top

Note:  Forgot to tell you, when you leave pies cool in the oven, open the door just a bit to let the hot out....pies will continue to cook....
and added milk to the recipe, which I forgot, so it's now been updated.

Sorry

jill

Hi Creme,
Thanks for the recipe, I absolutely love creme brulee, if I eat out and its on the menu, I always have it. I have never made it myself.             

Jill

Orly

Creme,
Have you tried this recipe with any other berry?  As it is written I still drooled down my shirt front.

LaurieS

Orly

Can't help it Laurie...reading recipes that sound delish starts the drooling, just as much as smelling them cooking.  Jist can't hep it...jist can't.

cremebrulee

November 09, 2010, 06:15:30 AM #5 Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 06:17:18 AM by cremebrulee
Quote from: Orly on November 08, 2010, 12:32:48 PM
Creme,
Have you tried this recipe with any other berry?  As it is written I still drooled down my shirt front.

Hey Orley how ya doing?  yes, you can substitute any berry....just make sure they're well drained and pretty dry.....