March 28, 2024, 02:14:07 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

ive got her number

Started by erma, November 04, 2010, 03:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Marilyn

I'm in Missouri................send me some too Luise :)

luise.volta

;D ;D Buckets and barrels!  ;D ;D

Erma, my fudge-making friend, where do you live in Michigan?

erma

did live......................no longer.       mackinaw city...................born in lansing.  i miss my island!!  8) the bridge walk...................all of it!!!    8)  still manage to get there every summer though!  ;D  yummmmmmm fudge!!!

luise.volta

Wonderful! I lived in Royal Oak, Grand Rapids, Bay City and East Tawas. I left there in 1954.

How about the fudge they make and sell on Mackinaw Island? (Oh, be still my stomach...!)

erma

oh how i miss it soooooooooo!  :P and the grand hotel??!!!! love, love, love.................. high tea at 2???  delightful!

luise.volta

And the ride over and back and the costumes!!!

LaurieS

I  think it's Mackinaw Island, that my husband  speaks  about so fondly when reminiscing about childhood.  Is this the place that you could only get to by boat?  No  wonder why he has such a passion for fudge.

luise.volta

Yes, by boat only. Look it up on the Web and you will see what we are talking about. Was he from Michigan?

LaurieS

Quote from: luise.volta on November 12, 2010, 10:18:43 AM
Yes, by boat only. Look it up on the Web and you will see what we are talking about. Was he from Michigan?
Sandusky Ohio is where my dh is from, but the family lived on the water every chance they got.  He took me to one island, Kelly Island.. we could get there by ferry.. that was the first time I saw the Great Lakes.. I still can't imagine them freezing over

luise.volta

LaurieS

Makes you wonder what sayings people up north end up with... You can lead a horse  to water but he can't drink it even if he wanted to.

luise.volta

Well, he sure can't drink it all!

LaurieS