March 29, 2024, 04:27:25 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

ive got her number

Started by erma, November 04, 2010, 03:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

I'm like your son. Everyone just gave up! (And make me fudge!)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Tara

Love it!

My mother used to make the best fudge at christmas

luise.volta

When my kids were growing up, Sunday afternoon was fudge and popcorn time.  ;D

luise.volta

The house smelled heavenly!!

LaurieS

I've never made fudge.. is it hard?

I must think about fudge a whole lot because at least once daily I say 'oh fudge'

luise.volta

No, it's easy to make and there are lots of great recipes on the Web. It's fabulous with popcorn. Ever had peanut butter fudge? (I just gained 5 pounds during this conversation!)

(And I'm glad that's all you say!  ;))

LaurieS

you mix the popcorn into the fudge?

luise.volta

Nope...you have a bowl of popcorn and a plate of fudge and go back and forth. Sugery/salty...yum! 8)

Tara

Have you ever heard of "moose munch"?  it tastes like that.  So yummy and delicious

LaurieS

No we have no mooses.. ok.. what is plural for moose?   Every family eats odd things but it does seem funny trying to picture your kids sitting with their bowl of popcorn waiting for fresh fudge to go with it.  Is fudge more a northern thing?

luise.volta

They don't wait, they get it all at once. Little dish of popcorn, little plate of fudge. Refills! :-) I lived in Michigan but it may have been the times more than the location. My "baby" (last of four sons) is 55!

erma

luise, i was a MI fudgey too!! ;D

Tara

My mom made great candy during the holidays, it was one of her ways of being creative.  I think she used the recipe on
Nestles chocolate chips and she used marshmellow creme as part of the recipe.    awesome!

JaneF

It is going to be nice this year and not worry about Christmas with ds and dil. They usually spend ALL holiday time with HER family and I have never said a complaining word to them. I was like some of you, just "accepted the crumbs"! They would show up at my home after everyone else left and we were ready to rest and go to bed. They'd stay a half hour to "get their loot", and off they'd go. Rude huh? THAT DID NOT HAPPEN LAST YEAR! I took both GD their gifts, and bought nothing for DS and DIL(tired of hearing how great the gifts from HER family were). Her parents have two kids and had 2 grandkids then, I have 3 kids and 8 grandkids to buy for. I now spend holidays with those family members that treat each other with kindness and respect. For my kids sake, for years I had EX HUSBAND and his family to my home for holidays! Trying to show my kids how we should treat others regardless of situations. My husband (such a kind wise man) never objected to it either, and accepted them in our home and he was a great host! Funny how I just LOVE to give gifts,  really do not care to get any as I have everything I need and I'd rather others do for those that are needy...but DIL and DS ALWAYS buy for her grandparents, sister, parents, cousins etc...not once did they do for anyone of my sons sibs or grandmother etc. I just surround myself with other family members and other grandkids now. Things will be hard this year since I have separated myself from DD for now though. She and her ex husband used to do the same thing. Buy for members of his family (his mom and grandparents, sibs...but never hers). Strange. I send hugs and prayers to all who struggle with this issue. We have to "take care of me" more, keep snapping those rubber bands! And Luise...pass the fudge and popcorn please down here to Missouri!!! It is a rainy, cold day and that sounds lovely right now!