April 16, 2024, 12:10:07 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

ive got her number

Started by erma, November 04, 2010, 03:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erma

November 04, 2010, 09:08:36 PM #15 Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:13:02 PM by luise.volta
thank you ladies, yes, a card would do, but we've been that route, and she was non commutative then too.  she too is most prompt with her foo and friends, and when anyone but ourside of the family needs anything, she goes out of her way, and i do mean OUT OF HER WAY, to do something nice for them. yes we are all to aware of whats going on.  :(
she is determined to hurt us. oh how i wish i could understand this. its the common courtesy thing yanno? i know for a fact she treats others differently. just not us.
my dh is excepting of everyone. he sees just the good in people, to a fault.  so when he said he didn't feel comfortable around dil, and thought she was rude and disrespectful, i just about dropped over. he never has said an unkind word of anyone! but he saw her for what she is.
i will try the rubberband thing, but this is absolutely ridicules. i don't believe any of us were brought up like that. not even her. she just acts as if its her birth right to be rude, and condescending. i am living my life for me and dh now, but having to balance on a high wire for scraps?? its insane!!!!

luise.volta

November 04, 2010, 09:15:02 PM #16 Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:25:14 PM by luise.volta
Well, you sure have the truth staring you in the face via DH. I think we all have to pick up our dignity sometimes and say "I'm done." Self-respect asks that of us. Maybe not always but I sure got to that place. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

barelythere

Quote from: erma on November 04, 2010, 09:08:36 PM
thank you ladies, yes, a card would do, but we've been that route, and she was non commutative then too.  she too is most prompt with her foo and friends, and when anyone but ourside of the family needs anything, she goes out of her way, and i do mean OUT OF HER WAY, to do something nice for them. yes we are all to aware of whats going on.  :(
she is determined to hurt us. oh how i wish i could understand this. its the common courtesy thing yanno? i know for a fact she treats others differently. just not us.
my dh is excepting of everyone. he sees just the good in people, to a fault.  so when he said he didn't feel comfortable around dil, and thought she was rude and disrespectful, i just about dropped over. he never has said an unkind word of anyone! but he saw her for what she is.
i will try the rubberband thing, but this is absolutely ridicules. i don't believe any of us were brought up like that. not even her. she just acts as if its her birth right to be rude, and condescending. i am living my life for me and dh now, but having to balance on a high wire for scraps?? its insane!!!!

erma

LaurieS

I think I'd put the rubber band on her arm and then snap it

luise.volta

LaurieS

I know, I've got to quit thinking like that  ;D

barelythere

Erma,
One thing that I can beg you not to do is to do what I did for so many years.  That was trying harder and harder and harder to get a crumb.  It doesn't work.  It makes you sick and also, many DILs use that behavior to express that we are needy and clingy.  Any need we have, emergency, illness, etc., some DIL's view as our being dramatic so they ignore us.  In  my opinion, expect nothing from her or your son.  That will save you. Common courtesy would be so nice but somehow it's gone bye bye.

Case in point: we always go to our son's and DIL's who live here for Halloween to see what the kids are wearing.  We didn't go this year; we were busy.  DIL calls, "why didn't you come over?"
"We were busy and couldn't", I told her.  We really were but nowadays, seeing them no longer consumes me.  GOOD.

Pooh

Quote from: Laurie on November 04, 2010, 09:22:01 PM

"Oh Snap!"
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

erma

oh snap!    ;D ;D ;D  yes she see's it as either guilt or being needy and clingy. neither of which we do.  yes i want them here, NO, I WILL NOT BEG!   :D  three snapss and around the world!!   ;D ;D ;D

LaurieS

Quote from: Pooh on November 05, 2010, 12:09:44 PM

"Oh Snap!"
Pooh, you were doing the bend and snap.. not the same thing dear

Pooh

Quote from: erma on November 05, 2010, 12:20:01 PM
oh snap!    ;D ;D ;D  yes she see's it as either guilt or being needy and clingy. neither of which we do.  yes i want them here, NO, I WILL NOT BEG!   :D  three snapss and around the world!!   ;D ;D ;D

You go girl!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Quote from: Laurie on November 05, 2010, 12:22:08 PM
Quote from: Pooh on November 05, 2010, 12:09:44 PM

"Oh Snap!"
Pooh, you were doing the bend and snap.. not the same thing dear

My bad, I keep confusing those two and can't keep my mind on.......oh look...the UPS man!
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta