March 28, 2024, 03:35:06 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Why Can't Candice Olsen Have MIL Issues?

Started by LaurieS, November 03, 2010, 03:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

I'm stuck making decorating decisions.... I tape Candice daily, and I just  can't make things look the way I want.  Any decorators on here?

barelythere

Quote from: Laurie on November 03, 2010, 03:17:57 PM
I'm stuck making decorating decisions.... I tape Candice daily, and I just  can't make things look the way I want.  Any decorators on here?

OMG!! Now you're decorating?  What next? car repair?  I used to be interested in decorating but I'm not anymore.  I don't know.  I told my husband I was going to start living for myself starting now! and he thought that was a great idea.  That was last night so today I developed this bad backache and somehow got a little splinter in my foot.  I guess I will give tomorrow a try. I'm so upset! today was going to be my day. :-\   

LaurieS

BT.. I'm sorry to tell you this but vinegar can help with that splinter

How To Remove Splinters-Vinegar/Peroxide and Baking Soda
This is the only remedy that really works. Reliably.

Because while other suggest warm water and baking soda, or using a debriding agent like a salicylic patch, these don't work. Those methods may soften the skin sufficiently so that you can remove the splinter a bit more easily, but they don't actually cause a chemical reaction that causes an embedded splinter to move towards the surface of the skin Much as those who rely on the warm water/baking soda aver, there is no chemical reaction going on there. It's inert.

With vinegar/peroxide and baking soda, there is a chemical reaction. That initial bubbling reaction that you get may stop, but the interaction of the two ingredients that causes that initial bubbling? That continues to work more subtly on the finger. And, after about twenty minutes of soaking, the splinter will move closer to the surface of the skin. And it can then be painlessly, and I do mean painlessly, removed with tweezers.

barelythere

Quote from: Laurie on November 03, 2010, 03:32:25 PM
BT.. I'm sorry to tell you this but vinegar can help with that splinter

How To Remove Splinters-Vinegar/Peroxide and Baking Soda
This is the only remedy that really works. Reliably.

Because while other suggest warm water and baking soda, or using a debriding agent like a salicylic patch, these don't work. Those methods may soften the skin sufficiently so that you can remove the splinter a bit more easily, but they don't actually cause a chemical reaction that causes an embedded splinter to move towards the surface of the skin Much as those who rely on the warm water/baking soda aver, there is no chemical reaction going on there. It's inert.

With vinegar/peroxide and baking soda, there is a chemical reaction. That initial bubbling reaction that you get may stop, but the interaction of the two ingredients that causes that initial bubbling? That continues to work more subtly on the finger. And, after about twenty minutes of soaking, the splinter will move closer to the surface of the skin. And it can then be painlessly, and I do mean painlessly, removed with tweezers.

This is unbelievable.  Thank you.  It truly is a wonder, this vinegar.  I will try it.

LaurieS

lol.. we knew we'd win you over.. or beat you down..  Now call Candice for me

Pen

Well, it's obvious you all are in a higher bracket than I. What's the name of the show where all they do is push your furniture around and use stuff from your garage?
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

barelythere

Quote from: Pen on November 03, 2010, 04:35:37 PM
Well, it's obvious you all are in a higher bracket than I. What's the name of the show where all they do is push your furniture around and use stuff from your garage?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

LaurieS

Oh I never said I could afford her.. that is why I'm selfishly wishing in-law problems on her so we can pick her mind for free

barelythere

Quote from: Laurie on November 03, 2010, 06:11:07 PM
Oh I never said I could afford her.. that is why I'm selfishly wishing in-law problems on her so we can pick her mind for free

That would be the bomb!  She probably doesn't have inlaw problems. :'(

LaurieS

Everyone at some point has an issue with a in-law.. wonder if they would think she was being critical if she made decorating suggestions

barelythere

Quote from: Laurie on November 03, 2010, 06:20:47 PM
Everyone at some point has an issue with a in-law.. wonder if they would think she was being critical if she made decorating suggestions

I wouldn't...would you?  I'd love it

LaurieS

Yes  I would  love it... I'm not that great at decorating, but I want to be....I'd even consider hiring someone for some help but I'm afraid I'd get one of those wannabe designers who have gotten voted off of design star. 

barelythere

Quote from: Laurie on November 03, 2010, 06:29:55 PM
Yes  I would  love it... I'm not that great at decorating, but I want to be....I'd even consider hiring someone for some help but I'm afraid I'd get one of those wannabe designers who have gotten voted off of design star.

HAHAHAAHA! 

jomama

I used to do that, still have the urge every time I help someone move, lol.  I'm forcing myself to stick with one decor for a few years...it's killing me!

barelythere

Quote from: jomama on November 03, 2010, 09:23:58 PM

I used to do that, still have the urge every time I help someone move, lol.  I'm forcing myself to stick with one decor for a few years...it's killing me!

Jomama,
If you've ever been in the rearranging stage, it's horrible.  I used to do it so much people never knew if the chair they once sat in would be there when they returned 10 minutes later.  Sometimes I'd spend all day rearranging.  It was bordering on an illness.