March 28, 2024, 05:25:45 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Why Can't Candice Olsen Have MIL Issues?

Started by LaurieS, November 03, 2010, 03:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erma

saw you pics on flickr, and i think a glass sculpture above the fire place would give alot of depth. and maybe a tall vase left of your tv in the kitchen. metal or glass?
just an idea...............beautiful home!  8)

LaurieS

Quote from: erma on November 04, 2010, 04:05:16 PM
saw you pics on flickr, and i think a glass sculpture above the fire place would give alot of depth. and maybe a tall vase left of your tv in the kitchen. metal or glass?
just an idea...............beautiful home!  8)
I've been keeping my eye open for a tall vase for the area you mentioned.  I was at an art show and saw a wood sculpture  that was stunning and would have been the masterpiece of the house, but it was well out of my price range.. dummy me did not take a picture of it to see if we could ever try to duplicate it. I thought about taking the wall darker yet since the room is so large.. and in those pictures I have the shades dropped down so the windows look a little bare.  It's just when I have you ladies come over for coffee and vinegar, I want my house to look perfect.

elsieshaye

At least he had fun doing it.  It's a very striking piece of stone.  I love the little terraced wall that sets that part of the yard apart.  Very pretty.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

elsieshaye

Quote from: Laurie on November 04, 2010, 04:14:41 PM
It's just when I have you ladies come over for coffee and vinegar, I want my house to look perfect.

Hehehehe!!
This too shall pass.  All is well.

kathleen

Did you ladies also know if you drink three cups of straight vinegar every day, you will live forever?  Seriously there is no credence to some of the health claims of vinegar, like cider vinegar prevents/cures ulcers.  Be wary of all that garbage.

Kathleen

Pooh

Beautiful house Laurie!  I absolutely luuuvvvv the kitchen.  I am not the best decorator in the world, but the first thing that hit me above the fireplace (since you have a painting coming already for above the TV) was big, black letters spelling a favorite word of yours.  Like  LOVE, FAMILY, FREINDS, VINEGAR, etc.  Not painted on, the block ones that stick out.  Simple but would probably add a pop.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Found a website that has the ones I am talking about....oohhhh love the RELAX one.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=family+on+wall&form=QBIR&qs=n&sk=#focal=07642e9db11a992815b5eb9e27cf62bf&furl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.artazon.co.nz%2Fimages%2FFAMILY3.jpg
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Quote from: Pooh on November 05, 2010, 11:14:20 AM
LOVE, FAMILY, FREINDS, VINEGAR
Ok I'm back to sitting here in my chair laughing at a computer monitor.. my dogs think I've lost it

Hey Pooh.. I couldn't get the picture to come up

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Quote from: Pooh on November 05, 2010, 11:14:20 AM
Beautiful house Laurie!  I absolutely luuuvvvv the kitchen. 
Thanks Pooh.. I loved the kitchen too.. yesterday I cleaned all those cabinet fronts, and cleaned out the drawers.. and gosh I have a lot of those... above the one bank of drawers where the tv hangs.. that was suppose to all be upper cabinets, but heck I'm only 5'1" so they weren't going to do me any good, so I had them put up the long shelf, and my electrical is on the underside of that shelf... the counter right there was suppose to be a bar sink and desk with a little counter area.. I made it all counter and now I have 15' of buffet area.    I have all the tall storage next to the fridge as well, and then I still have a huge walk in pantry.. my bedrooms are a little smaller but I've got tons of storage in this house.  The letters may look good on the wall in the kitchen to the left of the tv as well.

Pooh

I love the 15' of counter too.  And I love the glass above it!  Lol.
Joseph Campbell