March 28, 2024, 10:28:23 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise on YouTube

Started by luise.volta, September 15, 2009, 09:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

The City of Seattle 2009 Senior Appreciation Awards  9-10-09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaBYFWeONlQ

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

2chickiebaby

That was so exciting to see!!  I wish we could have heard better; I had the sound up as far at it would go...

That was a special honor and I am so proud of you!  Happy to know you and sure am glad you are our guide here.

The entire group roared in laughter at the mention of motherinlaws~ ???  It just has a terrible name. >:( 

Thank you for being you..... :)

Sassy

Wow!  WOW!!!   Way to go! 

Loved how everyone laughed with understanding when they mentioned your website.  I admit, I hope to be able to do 1/4 of what you've done.  Being a full time RVer is a dream.  We are so lucky to have you, Luise.

P.S. The outfit was perfect and complemented your hair beautifully.

AnnieB

Wooohoooo!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   (where's the little applauding hands symbol?)

You look MAHHHH-VAH-LUISE!!!!!

SunnyDays09

That is wonderful luise!  Congratulations.  ♥

luise.volta

Thank you one and all! I wish Kirk has been in it but he took the video! ;D

2chickiebaby

Kirk is such a good man...and he loves his Mother.  How much better could it get, Luise? 

just2baccepted

I won't be at work for a few days so I'll have to wait and watch it there since I don't have video watching ability here.  I look forward to it.

luise.volta

Anyone who wants to see a picture of Kirk, there is one of us together on www.MomResponds.com at the end of my bio. It's on my home page...over on the right and down. He's one sweet kid. (I know , I know...men don't like to be called sweet and 54 isn't a kid. Details!!)  ;D

And you're right Chickie...!!

just2baccepted

I know , I know...men don't like to be called sweet and 54 isn't a kid.

I'm 35 and my DH is 40 and our neighbors across the street who are in their late 60's and 70's call us the "kids" all the time.  The wife has called us that several times but once she was telling us how she was telling a friend "oh yea we need to call the kids and let them know we're going to be gone."  I always smile though.  We're far from kids but it doesn't bother me in the slightest because I know that her kids I'm sure are our age!
*Actually it wouldn't bother me even if she didn't have kids my age!

luise.volta

Isn't that funny? It's all relative and perspectives are as individual as snowflakes. My beloved ex-DIL is 65 and she is still a "kid" to me. Anyone in their 60s and 70s (your neighbor's age) are "kids' to my hubby who is fast approaching 100.  ;D

We are having a birthday pot luck for him on October 4th when he turns 98! My son is doing a house swap with his friends who have a gorgeous home here on Puget Sound (and they are spending two weeks in their home on Kauai)...so we are having it there.  :D

AnnieB

Members of our meeting (Quakers) have been calling my friends and myself "the youngsters" since we were in our 50's.   All relative!   I remind myself that my 18 year old considers himself grown -- he's old enough in most states to get married without my approval -  and he could enlist were he so moved, although he can't smoke cigarettes or drink (you can go kill, but you can't kill yourself).   ???