March 28, 2024, 05:51:50 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

holiday salad

Started by erma, November 03, 2010, 01:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erma

ok ladies, i have been super anxious this year, (already putting Christmas stuff out) and im cooking new recipes to see which ones the best for my dinner. i just had to share this salad i made, its my take on the "Christmas salad"  romaine lettuce, cut up and tossed with a mixture of raspberry vinaigrette and spicy brown mustard, then toss in  1/2 cup each of the following, glazed walnuts, crumbled blue cheese, dried cranberry's, and crumbled bacon.  OMG! soooo good! and pretty! today im making ginger snap cheese cake, and snicker doodles! 
just sharing............................ 8)

LaurieS

I always have to make a rum cake as one of the many deserts oh and glazed pecans.

I'd like to come up with something new in the veggie department this year I was thinking little tied bouquets of asparagus, has anyone ever done that.  I will be having approx 10 to 12 for Thanksgiving dinner.  What are you doing for veggies Erma?

Pooh

Ooh Erma...that salad sounds delicious!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

erma

i do the traditional asparagus with hollandaise sauce, and greenbean casserole, i have picky eaters at my table  ::) but i try to sneak in something new with desserts and appetizers. are you tie-ing them with prosciutto?

LaurieS

I wasn't sure what you are suppose to tie them with, guess it should be something edible

Pen

Lemon grass might work - it's in the Asian vegetable section, usually.

I'm so hungry right now! I don't want to say too much about my holiday menus for fear of blowing my cover here. Everything you all have mentioned sounds so yummy. Let's just say we're eclectic, and there's always good wine.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cremebrulee

I make a cremebrulee pie with raspberries....well 2 and 2 pumpkin pies...and a red velvet cake....

erma, might try that salad, thanks so much

making prime rib and a turkey....

jill

Hi Creme,
Your cremebrulee pie sounds delicious, would love the recipe....Jill

erma

Pen

What time will you be serving, Creme? I've already got my napkin tucked in.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

I  give.. what is a Cremebrulee pie, does it come with two boobs and a silly grin?  ::)

cremebrulee

Pen, come around 2 p.m., your more then welcome!!!!!

Laurie, it's just like cremebrulee, only I make it with a crust and rasberries...actually made it by accident the first time...I love custard pie, which is eggs and milk, vanilla and sugar in a crust...well, you must have guessed that I absolutely love Cremebrulee, and have made that many times as well, so I thought, hmmm, I'm going to substitue heavy cream and half and half instead of milk, a little more vanilla and walla, Cremebrulee pie...added fresh rasberries...which are usually huge around the holidays....and they loved it....serve it with home made whipped cream....

cremebrulee

Jill, would be happy to give you the recipe

I have to search out my recipe, it's with my Christmas Dinner recipes, if I forget, please remind me, send me a DM....or something, I forget very easily, so, please don't feel like you can't remind me....K?

Thanks
Creme

LaurieS

My favorite pie is egg custard so I'm sure the cremebrulee pie would be fantastic... When you find the recipe  you can start a new recipe only topic.. thanks