March 28, 2024, 11:34:38 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

BEING BOMBED OUT.

Started by catchingup, October 28, 2010, 01:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catchingup

A few people have mentioned that after posting a long post they get bombed out and "Poof" the post is gone--and all the efford
When one logs in there is a time there that says"Minutes to stay logged in" and if it is 60minutes then I think a post that takes longer than that to post will just bomb out.

luise.volta

I didn't know about that. Our forum is a software program, of course, that my my son (Webmaster Kirk instead of Captain Kirk) did his best to custom tailor for us. I also don't think I have ever written a post that long...have I?

Here's a suggestion...when you write a long post...copy it before you send it. Hit Ctrl a (for all) and then Ctrl c (for copy) and if you post doesn't make it, you can re-submit. OK?
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

Yes, I have done that, too. When I wrote that long one about monitoring and managing a Web-forum, I did that.  :)

Orly

If your style of writing is to compose, wander around, come back and compose some more, wander, answer the phone, answer the door, let the dog out, let the dog in, compose some more, bathroom break, edit your post......then I would recommend writing on your word program and copying it to the post box.  It keeps your frustration level down pretty well.   :)

luise.volta

Now I have the full picture...the door-bark rings...(Chihuahua-style)...and I go to the door in my evening gown and one sock! Halloween all year 'round!  8)