March 29, 2024, 03:17:58 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

It's not ME.

Started by Scoop, October 27, 2010, 11:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BitterDIL06

I agree that marriage can change people, and that the new DIL can be seen as the reason for DS's lack of interest in his FOO. I went through that a bit with my first marriage; my MIL blamed me for changing my then-DH's religious and political beliefs. Such power I had, LOL! She didn't want to acknowledge that her baby boy had a mind of his own and had chosen his own belief system long before I arrived on the scene.

Exactly! My MIL blames me for changing her son... I wield great power then! Shoot I cant get him to rinse out tupperware but I can get him to change all of his opinions!

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

Creme - Just get it.  ;D Your post have helped people you have never even interacted with. That's true of all of us.

barelythere

Quote from: BitterDIL06 on October 28, 2010, 12:59:59 PM

I agree that marriage can change people, and that the new DIL can be seen as the reason for DS's lack of interest in his FOO. I went through that a bit with my first marriage; my MIL blamed me for changing my then-DH's religious and political beliefs. Such power I had, LOL! She didn't want to acknowledge that her baby boy had a mind of his own and had chosen his own belief system long before I arrived on the scene.

Please pardon me but I am in one of my most silly moods and this cracks me up.  You can't get him to rinse out Tupperware...ha ha ha!!! So funny!!!  I'm so sorry..but when I get in these things the situations seem like comedies.  OMG...you girls are hilarious.!! ;D  I'm sorry, it's not funny.

Exactly! My MIL blames me for changing her son... I wield great power then! Shoot I cant get him to rinse out tupperware but I can get him to change all of his opinions!

barelythere

Is everybody mad at me for laughing?  I'm sorry!!  I can't help it...the evening gown and one sock? The Tupperware?  Couldn't help it.

luise.volta

I'm not mad...just a little confused. I think she was just saying she can't get him to even the smallest and simplest things...and yet she accused of dominating him, telling him what to think and how to be...and running his life.

Am I way off? :-[

barelythere

Quote from: luise.volta on October 28, 2010, 03:17:15 PM
I'm not mad...just a little confused. I think she was just saying she can't get him to even the smallest and simplest things...and yet she accused of dominating him, telling him what to think and how to be...and running his life.

Am I way off? :-[

It was a joke, Luise.  I'm sorry.

luise.volta

Nothing wrong with joking...some of us (me) are just a little dense.  :-*

LaurieS

I think the confusion  came when BT got her topics mixed up with the postings... the one sock and evening gown woman was Eliseshaye talking about how much she obviously hates to do laundry. 

BT - get with it woman, are you drinking early today???  :)

barelythere

Quote from: Laurie on October 28, 2010, 03:37:34 PM
I think the confusion  came when BT got her topics mixed up with the postings... the one sock and evening gown woman was Eliseshaye talking about how much she obviously hates to do laundry. 

BT - get with it woman, are you drinking early today???  :)

It was hilarious...she should write; she is so funny.   I did get the topics mixed up....go clean something. :)

LaurieS

October 28, 2010, 03:40:53 PM #25 Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 03:42:31 PM by Laurie
The way it was worded about getting the simplest of request fulfilled in comparison to life altering events I thought was humorously written as well.   

barelythere

Quote from: Laurie on October 28, 2010, 03:40:53 PM
The way it was worded about getting the simplest of request fulfilled in comparison to live altering events I thought was humorously written as well.   

I need to get out of my silly mode.  People are taking me seriously.

LaurieS

Come back over to the cleaning topic.. we'll all feel a little giddy if someone will post some strong aroma therapy advice.

luise.volta

No, no! Get sillier and then we'll all get it!

barelythere

Quote from: Laurie on October 28, 2010, 03:45:57 PM
Come back over to the cleaning topic.. we'll all feel a little giddy if someone will post some strong aroma therapy advice.

Don't you need to be cooking?  Wiping?  Stirring?  Chopping?