March 28, 2024, 07:44:47 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Divorce

Started by RedRose, January 25, 2010, 04:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

Red, he stayed for his son.   You've done a good job as his mother and taught him to try everything before giving up.  I'm not surprised he stayed so long.  Good for him because of his upbringing!

Hang in there Rose.  Take care!

RedRose

thesecondwife

If they get joint custody and I am almost positive they will because your son isn't abusive or a drug addict, your DIL doesn't have a say who your grandson visits while its your son's turn to be with his child. I hope that eases your mind a bit.  :)  I know divorce is hard. My divorce was hard on my parents too. They hated to see me in pain. Its like a death you're mourning. Hang in there and you'll all come through this ok. ((((hugs))))

RedRose

Thank-you Anna and thesecondwife....yes, he has filed for joint custody...I'm so glad for that. I hate to see my son's pain too...but he says he is OK with all of it.

cocobars

Rose,

He's just on the bottom steps and climbing out!  Some steps are harder than others, but with your help and support as his mother he can get there!

Hang in there Rose!  You are doing such a wonderful job as his mother!  I hope you are patting your back!  You deserve that!