April 18, 2024, 03:02:05 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Thought I'd give my last ditch effort

Started by Miss Understood, October 25, 2010, 02:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

A day without a tear? Perfect! Good for you, MU. (That way you can see the piano keys and I can hear you play from here!)  ;)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Miss Understood

Luise...two days with out tears and today...I saw DS in traffic. He looked at me, I pretended that I didn't notice him and I didn't fall apart. I must be doing o.k......at least for 2 days. I like not crying. I have my other GD for the weekend and we are going to have a wonderful time together and I am pouring my love into her.
:D

luise.volta

I am so proud of you for stepping out of the victim role! Very simple but NOT easy!Bless your heart! Have super-fun with your GD!   :D :D :D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

dablacks

This is the best thing since "sliced bread"  It's real and honest.  Thank you, Thank you. Thank you. 

Pen

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Nana

Miss Understood

You are on the right path.  I could envisioned you driving while pretending not seeing him.  Great...feeling good ha? 

Wish you luck

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Miss Understood

I do feel as I am moving forward...even with the once a day 2 minute pitty party. I was hoping my DS and DIL would have brought the baby by last night because we always do a big Halloween together...but I didn't hold my breath and I didn't wait for them not to show. I did a fun night with my other GD and poured everything into her and my youngest daughter and her boyfriend. I had a nice evening and didn't feel down...just a little dissapointed. I suppose I will have lots of dissapointing days with DS from now on.
I am taking a huge step back and not calling, inviting or anything. I am listening to all of you. I am done chasing and getting kicked in the teeth. I don't deserve this and I know in my heart there is nothing I did that warranted such a "punishment" from them two.
I also set some new goals for myself this week. I am doing it week by week. I used to be minute by minute! That is why I know I am moving forward.
Thanks again for all the support ladies! I appreciate it. :)

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

juju68

I just read this whole 6 pages of posts an I cried an cried....I am so sorry we all have to go throught this pain..it is hard to know what to do in a game we do not like...
Mu I am happy you got to see your grandchild an had a good evening..You will make it through all this..although it is one step forward an 2 steps back we will all survive this..and please do not let your mom give you all that guilt, it is not yours to carry you sound like a kind loving person:) Take care of you!!! Have a great day:)