March 28, 2024, 07:53:21 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

How it starts...

Started by cremebrulee, October 25, 2010, 05:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Quote from: cremebrulee on October 27, 2010, 03:16:32 PM
Quote from: Pooh on October 27, 2010, 12:20:33 PM
I think we all do it, because we are human.  I have resolved myself to my granddaughter situation, and I know there is nothing I can do about it right now.  People ask me about her, and I can talk about her just fine.  I have pictures up in my house of her that I cherish.  Doesn't bother me.  But me and DH are at the store the other day, and I am looking at Halloween stuff and all of a sudden, water-works.  He's looking at me and around the store like, "Who do I need to kill?" and I am bawling in the middle of the aisle.  Bless his heart, he didn't know what was going on.  I just kind of shook my head at him and headed to the parking lot.  When I got in the car he is looking at me all pityful going, "Honey, whats wrong?  You sick or hurting?"  I finally managed to stop crying and explained.  Last year, we had my GC for Halloween.  We dressed her up and went trick or treating.  It was so great and standing there, a year later looking at all the costumes, just reminded me of her and how long it had been since I saw her.  I mean, BLAM...out of no where.  So it happens to everyone and if it didn't, that's when I would worry about you.

Poor DH.  When I told him, he understood and took me to Starbucks for a double-chocolate chip frappacino.  So then I was crying but hyper.   ;D

ahhhh Pooh,
I'm so so sorry...I know, I do know...

my grand daughter barely knows me any more...but I won't allow it to interfer with my life...life is to short...and maybe someday, Pooh, you and me, we'll meet them all over again, when they're older...I'm so hoping...

In the meantime, I vow to be happy, and you must to...ok?  Hugs

Now can we hug and sing "Feelings".... ;D

Hugs
Creme

Thanks Creme and yes, we are gonna be just fine!

Ok you asked for it, and remember I warned you about the whole cat's tail in the door thing.......

Feeeeeeeelllllinnnngggggssss.........whoa whoa whoa feeeeelllliiinnnggggssss.......
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

cremebrulee

LOL

ahhhh, that was BEAUTIFUL...!!!!!!!!

Pooh

Hmmm.....you never mentioned you were tone deaf    :o
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama