March 28, 2024, 11:55:41 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Church sign I saw today.

Started by Scoop, October 23, 2010, 06:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scoop

I saw a sign in front of a church today and I thought of you all!

It said:

Conflict is inevitable.
Combat is optional.

What do you think? 

cremebrulee

Thank you Scoop....I thought of you all tonight as well while watching Invictus...Nelson Mandella (Morgan Freeman) said, "forgiveness liberates the soul, it removes fear, thats why its such a powerful weapon".

cadagi101

very true ladies and good sayings to remember

cremebrulee

QuoteScoop
I saw a sign in front of a church today and I thought of you all!

It said:

Conflict is inevitable.
Combat is optional.
conflict is inevitable...and yes, combat is optional, and so silly...really, yet, many men have died in combat.

What do you think?
[/quote]

Scoop

I saw it differently than that.  I saw it that we should expect to have conflict with different people, but should NOT choose to fight with them over it.  Of course, it works both ways, they should not choose to fight with us either.

Pooh

That's great Scoop!  And so true. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

cremebrulee

Quote from: Scoop on October 24, 2010, 06:07:21 PM
I saw it differently than that.  I saw it that we should expect to have conflict with different people, but should NOT choose to fight with them over it.  Of course, it works both ways, they should not choose to fight with us either.

I like that Scoop, very well said and food for thought, thank you

elsieshaye

Quote from: Scoop on October 23, 2010, 06:03:18 PM
Conflict is inevitable.
Combat is optional.

I had this up on my wall for a long time, written on a snarky work email I received, as a reminder to myself that I didn't have to be a jerk just because someone was being one to me.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

luise.volta

My mom used to say "It takes two to fight...and if one shuts up, it's a no-go!"
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Tara