March 28, 2024, 10:59:36 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Boderline Personality DisorderH

Started by homely60, October 22, 2010, 07:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

penelope

how can you not laugh,when he tells us about his adventures as we call them,I can't stop laughing,all my sons are like that. I was asleep one night and I had gotten the butt call,I hear drunk Marine son hooten and hollering,I can hear ppl so I knew it was a mistake,all of a sudden I hear WOOHOO!! thunk phone goes dead,dh said who was that,I said (sons name),I think he just passed out somewhere...and I fell back asleep. Your right, they do alot of stupid things that they think are so funny,my oldest and his buddies like to now do high school confessions as they are no longer affraid of getting grounded lol one night we were chillaxin haven some drinks and ds buddie said OMG!! remember that one snow storm when we snowboarded off the school roof!! my son laughed and so oh yeah!! good times..my dh and I just looked at each other and laughed,I was like how did I not know this stuff,they said oh we are just that good:b

Nana

Pooh.....your kid was really something.  And not being able to fly without mom...love it..they are our kids forever.

I had three children.  The Two oldest (son and daughter) use to be very responsible when in elementary school, and they were very smart.  So I only checked to see if they have done their homework and did corrected them if something was not right.  Then came my third.....a baby girl...she was 5 but already in first grade....she was my youngest and I overprotected her because she was my baby.  When she was doing her homework....she would fall sleep on the carpet (so cute)....so once I  finished her homework trying to imitate her handwriting (75% of it).   Next day....she came back from school with the homework from the previous day with a note in big letters that read "Momy did it".   My husband and I laughted for about an hour.  She was always immature and I helped her all the way through elementary school.....answering her study guides and making her study.... I know it was wrong....but I did it....and everything turned out fine....she continued through High School but now by herself and was admitted in San Diego State University......went well.  She is now working at a good company and is a hard worker and responsible.  So really I do feel that when you got to help......you gotta help lol.  But I respect other opinions.  It just worked for me.  I have seen that some children to not advance without help. 

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pooh

Oh Nana, that was funny!  Yeah, my youngest is a hoot and very smart, just mischievous.  I think most Moms realize very quickly that each child is unique.  What worked with my oldest, didn't work with my youngest.  If I sent OS to his room and said no TV, games, etc., it didn't phase him because he liked nothing better than to read.  But YS, I was thrilled if he read the back of the cereal box.

The OS was easy and I never had issues with homework, school, or anything.  YS, yeah...I tried to give him to the garbage man one time and he simply looked at me and said, "Mam' we don't accept that kind of stuff."  I did help YS with homework, as in correcting or explaining it if he didn't understand it.  But now as an adult, it's funny because he is top in his class in the military when it comes to classwork.  I always knew YS has the brains for it, he just didn't want to do it.  But it's funny to look back now and realize even as babies, they were that way.  OS slept 6 hours straight the first night I got him home from the hospital, and it went up from there.  Very rarely did he wake up in the middle of the night.  YS, yeah...he slept his first 6 hour stretch when he was 14 months old.  He exhausted me.

So glad you are back Nana.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Nana

Thanks Pooh.  Yes each of our children is unique.  When looking back you realize that they were special in different ways.  My son was also high maintenance.  He  slept very little and his naps were really short.  I was always tired.  In fact, I came to the conclusion that I had chronic fatigue.  Well he is still very active.  He loved sports and was always given the mvp award in whatever sport he participated.  And Now at 33 married with three children he still plays softball with three different teams during weak days.  My youngest daughter was much like his brother, loved sports and excelled in Tennis.  But the middle daughter could not even bounce a ball, and she wondereed why she was never chosen in a sports team.  But she did love to read.  She used to read those Baby Sitter's Club....had all the books.  She still loves to read a lot and is always buying all kind of books. 

How proud you must be of your son being tops in Military School.   Yes, each of our children are so different and that is what makes our lives so dynamic. 

My God Bless you and your loved one.

Happy to be back here at home Pooh.

Love you
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pooh

I am very proud Nana of his classwork in the Military and how well he is doing in academic settings.  But I also want to strangle him and say, "I knew you could do this all along but yet you put me through years of hades! Arrrrrrgggggg!"   ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell