April 18, 2024, 07:08:35 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

MIL #1 and MIL #2

Started by jkm426, February 11, 2011, 03:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancaster lady

JKM:
Maybe next time you have a get together ,just include a few family members ....so you can give more attention to your DIL 2 .
I too think maybe a huge get together makes her feel like the odd one out ,that's if you include her in the first place .
Me and my f/DIL had to have a huge confrontation before we understood one another ,not the ideal solution but at least we know where we stand with each other .
Perhaps secretly you think she's not good enough for you DS ?
She's his choice , so we have to accept this and try and be nice ..!
hopefully MIL #1 will come through as the winner over MIL#2 ..!

cadagi101

Quote from: holliberri on February 11, 2011, 06:58:49 PM
I do leave the vacuum out for the same reason. For some reason it makes it look cleaner.

I think that is funny it made me laugh.  My vaccum (with a full bag)  even if it was last months will now take pride of place in the loungeroom for when my mother visits.     It doesn't seem to matter to me how much I do as far as cleaning the house I never feel it is enough when my mother visits.   She is a sweetie and doesn't say anything, athough she does have a fridge fetish.     My sil laugh that it is her "pet" thing to visit and clean out the fridge.   Must be a generational thing.     

holliberri

I read the 2 wolves story finally. It's very interesting. I think I'm going to try and remember it each morning.

LaurieS

Quote from: Julia on February 12, 2011, 04:27:20 PM
Quote from: holliberri on February 11, 2011, 06:58:49 PM
I do leave the vacuum out for the same reason. For some reason it makes it look cleaner.

I think that is funny it made me laugh.  My vaccum (with a full bag)  even if it was last months will now take pride of place in the loungeroom for when my mother visits.     It doesn't seem to matter to me how much I do as far as cleaning the house I never feel it is enough when my mother visits.   She is a sweetie and doesn't say anything, athough she does have a fridge fetish.     My sil laugh that it is her "pet" thing to visit and clean out the fridge.   Must be a generational thing.     

I say.. let her if it makes her day.. there are some things my mil does better.. I won't even challenge those things.. I'll step back and let her have at it.  To me those are win-win situations.

seasage

Quote from: holliberri on February 12, 2011, 04:44:11 PM
I read the 2 wolves story finally. It's very interesting. I think I'm going to try and remember it each morning.

I love that story.  I am going to try to feed the good DIL in me.  I feel pretty confident that my pazzo DIL will allow contact sometime within the next 2 years, and I want to have my heart ready for it.

luise.volta

I have no trouble accepting the two descriptions, even though I can't explain them. That's the way my two adult sons saw me...the eldest died 10 years ago with the issue unresolved. I was the worst and the best and they were both raised in the same home by the same mom.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama