March 28, 2024, 02:22:49 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Questions that Stumped "Dear Abby"

Started by luise.volta, September 15, 2009, 03:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

September 15, 2009, 03:42:52 PM Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 09:39:22 AM by luise.volta
>
>
>     "DEAR ABBY" ADMITTED SHE WAS AT A LOSS TO ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
>
>     Dear Abby,
>         A couple of women moved in across the hall from me.  One is a middle-aged gym teacher and the other is a social worker in her mid twenties.  These two women go everywhere together, and I've never seen a man go into or leave their apartment.  Do you think they could be Lebanese?
>
>     
>     Dear Abby,
>         What can I do about all the Sex, Nudity, Fowl Language and Violence on my VCR?
>
>
>     Dear Abby,
>         I have a man I can't trust.  He cheats so much, I'm not even sure the baby I'm carrying is his.
>
>
>     Dear Abby,
>         I am a twenty-three year old liberated woman who has been on the pill for two years.  It's getting expensive and I think my boyfriend should share half the cost, but I don't know him well enough to discuss money with him.
>
>
>     Dear Abby,
>         I've suspected that my husband has been fooling around, and when confronted with the evidence, he denied everything and said it would never happen again.
>
>
>     Dear Abby,
>         Our son writes that he is taking Judo.  Why would a boy who was raised in a good Christian home turn against his own?
>
>
>     Dear Abby,
>         I joined the Navy to see the world.  I've seen it.  Now how do I get out?
>
>
>      Dear Abby,
>         My forty year old son has been paying a psychiatrist $50.00 an hour every week for two and a half years.  He must be crazy.
>
>
>     Dear Abby,
>         I was married to Bill for three months and I didn't know he drank until one night he came home sober.
>
>     
>     Dear Abby,
>        My mother is mean and short tempered I think she is going through mental pause.
>
>
>     Dear Abby,
>         You told some woman whose husband had lost all interest in sex to send him to a doctor.  Well, my husband lost all interest in sex and he is a doctor.  Now what do I do? 
>
>
>   
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

2chickiebaby

Very funny, Luise. :D

Today on Maury, a woman had a child by someone she said was his Daddy.  It was nail biting.  The screen showed the child's picture while the Mother pointed out how simular they looked.

"I ain't his Daddy, he's Chinese"

"He ain't Chinese, look at that nose and eyes and lips. He looks just like you!!!"

"He ain't mine; I ain't Chinese"

Then Maury, who holds the key to all things gets the folder and says, "regarding this child, YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!!!"

AnnieB

luise, those were hysterical! ;D

chickie, i thought we got you off of the maury addiction !!!!  :o

2chickiebaby

The man comes out of nowhere!  He must be on all the blessed time.  I can't get away from him.  I've got to get well, for Heaven's sake.  My mind is going to seed.

luise.volta

just2baccepted

September 16, 2009, 02:16:36 PM #5 Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 07:35:36 AM by just2baccepted
Remember, these people can vote!! (and definitely did in 2000 & '04!)

That's a bummer that we might be considered stupid if we vote a certain way. Darn.  :(

I thought it was funny too.  I live in one of the states where we're thought to be stupid red necks.  I know they're out there but I do try to stay informed and not be one-sided.  I'll vote for anyone if they have integrity and have a good plan for the country. 8)

luise.volta

Well, we can take that off the bottom. I can see the prejudice. Not being able to spell or not knowing the definition of a word isn't necessarily stupid. I agree. (But it's still funny!)