April 19, 2024, 01:03:19 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

New here

Started by jadedgramma, October 19, 2010, 04:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jadedgramma

Hi! I am new here; decided to do a search of "my adult children have disowned me" & clicked on this site. Wasn't even sure the search would show any results LOL but here I am & though I haven't read alot of posts yet, sounds like I'm not alone...because that is one of the worst things, feeling so alone. I just want to cry at the thought of writing here, but I cry all the time anyway!
   6 months ago, my oldest daughter told me "she is done with me for now" guess the for now should give me hope, but it doesn't. And in these past 6 months, I have left messages too numerous to count, begging,crying,yelling, over & over. Which has only made things worse. My son & daughter-in-law have now done the same. It's my mouth & having said too much over time. BUT, I cannot understand why my daughter couldn't have tried to talk to me about how she was feeling, and that it was leading to this. I am sooo depressed, but was before these incidents, guess that might be part of it too. But I don't know how to handle it. My grandkids are everything to me...and also I lost 3 other grandkids from my other daughter to the state & adoption...I tried to commit suicide when she lost the last two. And now, they've all been taken from me! How in the hell am I supposed to handle this?!

luise.volta

When things are that bad and you are that desperate, this site is not the place for you. You need professional help to get your perspective back and to again value your life. Please do that and then come back when you are beyond the level of danger you now describe. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama