March 28, 2024, 05:47:30 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I have arrived!!!!!

Started by AnnieB, September 11, 2009, 07:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

chickiebaby

Sassy

IMHO = "In My Humble Opinion"

Not unlike JMHO, "Just My Humble Opinion."

Ex: The Maury Povich Show can be a guilty pleasure, imho.

luise.volta

just2baccepted

i can't believe luise had one neg let alone 9.  but you can't please everybody.

chickiebaby

How many DID she have before or, did she have any?  Do you know, Just2be?

luise.volta

J2B - I love that kind of prejudice!  :D

I think with the number of posts I put out that minuses are a given...but, (with few exceptions), I dislike the idea that I have stepped on any toes. Come to think of it...those few exceptions are probably where the minuses came from! ;D

chickiebaby

Quote from: Sassy on September 11, 2009, 08:33:06 PM
IMHO = "In My Humble Opinion"

Not unlike JMHO, "Just My Humble Opinion."

Ex: The Maury Povich Show can be a guilty pleasure, imho.

This information is so good to have!  If I knew any more, I'd be using them like a professional. 

Isn't it good to have each day be a new day?  Think about it, we can start off each new day with a new attitude and new way of being each day!

We have learned so much from each other, in a kind way.... thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart.  You have been so sweet to me.   :)

luise.volta

September 12, 2009, 08:58:17 AM #23 Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 02:33:55 PM by luise.volta
Good point about it being a new day! I'm off to Curves!! ;D ;D

just2baccepted

September 12, 2009, 10:33:22 AM #24 Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 10:39:16 AM by just2baccepted
chickie - I'm not sure how many she had a while back, but I got on morning a few days ago, before the hooplaw situation and someone had given her several over night but that's before all the crazy stuff hit the fan.  But then once she asserted herself then she got anywhere from 2-4.  I keep track because I wonder what someone might say to upset someone else.  Its weird but my personality I try so hard not to tick people off but I ALWAYS manage to do it somehow.  And it shows no matter how hard you try you're gonna tick off someone and I guess I just have to accept that.  Its just life! :'(

*I'm sitting here with someone at work right now that I have be careful what I say.  I base how I act on what kind of mood she's in.  She's 26, lives at home and is desperately waiting on her boyfriend of 1.5 years to purpose, not sure if he ever will though.  And to be honest when she's ticked about that then I walk on eggshells around her.  It makes me mad but I love my job and I'm not going to let her make things difficult for me.  When she's cranky I just ignore the crap out of her!

chickiebaby

Oh, I see what you're talking about.  I just don't know what to say, without causing any more hoopla about that situation.  You did nothing wrong and that is all there is to it.  She is a grieving lady, though who needed to be treated with kid gloves....you tried to do that.

I am just like you in many ways, Just2be...it kills me to hurt anyone and if I've done it without intending to, it really kills me because they never understand.

It's good that you love your job...I was brought up not to take out on others what was bothering me so her behavior due to her problems is such bad manners IMHO....did you get that?  In my humble opinion?  Good thing you can just ignore her, I'd be in tears right there at my job.

luise.volta

Well, hey...I'm the winner. I have the most minuses!!!!! And I hope any of you who respect my work will tell me if you think I'm off-base. Nuf said...

SunnyDays09

...status quo...  whooooopeeedoooo. 

luise.volta

I honestly don't watch it that closely but I think about half of my minuses are from one person. Of course they are anonymous...so all I can do is what I have always done, which is my best.

2chickiebaby

Well, Luise, you're on YouTube and I'll bet you anything that whoever put the minuses there, isn't.  ;)