April 25, 2024, 02:26:31 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Feel like giving up

Started by jill, September 06, 2010, 07:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

linda aranda

HI
      I HAVE A 24 YR OLD DAUGHTER AND A 25 YR OLD DAUGHTER THE 24 YR OLD JUST CAME BACK FROM IRAK SHE IS IN THE ARMY AND WAS GONE FOR 18 MONTHS AND CAME BACK MEAN AND EVIL TELLING ME SHE HATES ME AND HER DAD AND WISH WE WERE DEAD AND OUT OF HER LIFE AND MY OLDEST DAUGTER THE 25 YR OLD GOT MARRIED SEPT 5TH AND DID NOT WANT US THERE AT HER WEDDING AND SAID SHE HATED US AND NEVER WANTED TO HEAR FROM ME OR HER DAD I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND WHERE I WENT WRONG WITH THESE GIRLS WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR THEM THROUGH THE GOOD AND THE BAD AND IN RETURN WE GER THIS IM HURTING SO MUCH I JUST WANT TO DIE AND MY HUSBAND TELLS ME TO LEAVE THEM ALONE THAT THEY WILL COME AROUND IM VERY DEPRESS I CRY ALL THE TIME I CANT SLEEP AT NIGHT I THINK ABOUT THEM DAY AND NIGHT THERE IS TIMES THAT I WISH I WAS DEAD PLEASE HELP ME  :'(

cadagi101

HI
      I HAVE A 24 YR OLD DAUGHTER AND A 25 YR OLD DAUGHTER THE 24 YR OLD JUST CAME BACK FROM IRAK SHE IS IN THE ARMY AND WAS GONE FOR 18 MONTHS AND CAME BACK MEAN AND EVIL TELLING ME SHE HATES ME AND HER DAD AND WISH WE WERE DEAD AND OUT OF HER LIFE AND MY OLDEST DAUGTER THE 25 YR OLD GOT MARRIED SEPT 5TH AND DID NOT WANT US THERE AT HER WEDDING AND SAID SHE HATED US AND NEVER WANTED TO HEAR FROM ME OR HER DAD I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND WHERE I WENT WRONG WITH THESE GIRLS WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR THEM THROUGH THE GOOD AND THE BAD AND IN RETURN WE GER THIS IM HURTING SO MUCH I JUST WANT TO DIE AND MY HUSBAND TELLS ME TO LEAVE THEM ALONE THAT THEY WILL COME AROUND IM VERY DEPRESS I CRY ALL THE TIME I CANT SLEEP AT NIGHT I THINK ABOUT THEM DAY AND NIGHT THERE IS TIMES THAT I WISH I WAS DEAD PLEASE HELP ME  :'(
[/quote]

You are not alone, you just have to read here problems so many of us have with our adult sons/daughters.     I know you will benefit from this site as we have all found that venting here helps us so much,  we understand how terrible life is at times when we have such difficult and dreadful treatment and disrespect from our children.   We all ask  "what did I ever do to deserve this treatment."   The truth is you didn't do anything wrong, you did the best you could, you wouldn't be on WWU if you had done something wrong.  We all look for answers, feel unnecessary guilt .  I am glad you are here. 

cdb

My heart goes out to you! Please keep posting and coming back. You are not alone. cdb

irenic

You are not alone, I face the same delimma, please keep posting, we are all out here hurting and waiting for answers
it is an agonizing pain, but it helped me to know others were in the same boat.
Irenic