March 28, 2024, 06:37:28 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Moving Day

Started by luise.volta, October 09, 2010, 08:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

I am moving into HUD housing today so will be off-line over the weekend and until Kirk has me hooked back up. Sending love to one and all...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cremebrulee

Good Luck with the move Luise, hope it goes smoothly...and nicely...

Hugs and love
Creme

Pen

Gosh, Luise, wish I could help but this bum knee, and my sciatica.....I'll take a cold beer at the end of the day, though :)

Seriously, I too hope your move goes as smoothly as possible and that Superman Kirk has you up and running in record time. Love ya!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Orly

I hope your move goes well.   I'll be thinking of you.

free_at_last

Moving is so much work....hope it all goes well for you!  Remember to take a break and relax once in a while!

elsieshaye

Sending you good thoughts.  I hope things go smoothly and that you come to love your new home.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

cadagi101

I am thinking of you today, good luck with it all

luise.volta

Thanks to all of you! I'm moved and in about 110 years, I'll be unpacked! :o

barelythere

That is great news...oh so glad it is done.  But now the putting up the stuff.  Oh dear :-\

Nana

Good luck with the unpacking Luise (lol).  I have been there....dont know where to start.

Good luck

Love 
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

cremebrulee

boy oh, do I hate unpacking....I'd offer to help, but live so far away...

whew... ;D

luise.volta

The awful thing about unpacking is that nobody can really do it for you or even help. No one knows where anything goes. (Including me!)

I do have a sort of daughter coming up next weekend to go get cartons from my garage and bring them here. That's going to help a lot! :-)

cremebrulee

Quote from: luise.volta on October 12, 2010, 11:12:42 AM
The awful thing about unpacking is that nobody can really do it for you or even help. No one knows where anything goes. (Including me!)

I do have a sort of daughter coming up next weekend to go get cartons from my garage and bring them here. That's going to help a lot! :-)

well, besides the unpacking, Luise, are you happy there in your new place?  I hope so....what's it like?

luise.volta

Thanks for asking!  :)
I am about a block from where I was before on our campus. It is a 481 sq. ft., ground-level studio for low-income folk. There is a one-sided kitchen with a little eating space at the end. And "The Room"...which is lovely. I have a bath and a little dressing area. No laundry facility...but there's one for our 8 units and a schedule. There are four more units and I pretty much know everyone because I have lived in this retirement community for 10 years. They were built in 1967 but have been upgraded so the doors and cabinets are very nice. They painted it for me and put in new carpet that I was able to choose. (Not standard operating procedure, so I'm a happy camper.) I sleep on a single hide-a-bed so the place looks like a living room in the day time. It just converts to a bedroom at night.

I am so tired that I am brimming over with tears that are not sadness... just wipe-out. I went to my garage to look for, of all things, a pillow case...but was overwhelmed and came home empty handed. I need time to recover before I can face hauling and unpacking boxes. And I have too much stuff, of course, I was in a huge 660 sq. Ft. unit before ! LOL!

Kirk and Sandy leave tomorrow for Kauai, where they live. I've had them close for the last three months. He was able to move me before they left, which was a great blessing...(for me! LOL!) He was wonderful! He also re-installed my wall-mounted TV and my computer system...so everything's up and running...except me! :-( I'm whuuped!!! Just didn't have it in me to move but they haven't had a vacancy in over a year, so I had to take it.

I have a long way to go to recover from my crash in March from 12 years of care giving. It's a slow process.

cremebrulee

Hi Luise
I'm sorry to hear your weary...take as much time as you need to recover...it's very difficult for the body to catch up with the mind.

Your new digs sounds great...went to visit a friend and old neighbor on sunday who has much the same setting...she's very happy there, it's so immaculate....and was rated the top around the area...

I'd like to go there when the time comes....in the meantime, your going to miss Kirck and Sandy...it was so nice of them to help and get you set up....I hope your be happy there....your in my thoughts...take good carea you.

hugs and luv
Creme