March 28, 2024, 04:44:09 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

?'s about abbreviations here

Started by jadedgramma, October 20, 2010, 01:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jadedgramma

Well I can laugh at myself THIS moment  :D But as I am new here and am reading posts,etc, Iam wondering about the abbreviated jargon LOL I get DIL daughter-inlaw, gs, gd, but can't figure out ds...and a few others. So let's laugh & let me in on our ways ok?

miss_priss

Hi Jaded - LOL, I had the same questions when I came here.  Here's a list I've put together over time...please someone correct me if I get these wrong.

DS - Dear Son
DIL = Daughter I Law
DD = Dear Daughter
MIL = Mother In Law
FIL = Father in Law
SIL - Son in Law OR Sister In Law
BIL = Brother In Law
GD = Granddaughter
GS = Grandson
SM = Stepmother
SF = Stepfather
FOO = Family of Origin
IMO = In My Opinion
IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

I'm blank now....can anyone add to it?

cadagi101

Thankyou misspriss.   For the life of me I could not work out IMHO.  I lost the gist of many posts because of it.    IMHO thanks. 

jadedgramma

Thanx miss_priss. They make sense now & I think saying DD-dear daughter or DS-Dear Son is such a good idea! Even in the pain they might be causing their mothers, they are still our children & that will help to keep a loving attitude towards them here....
((hugs))

Orly

There is an older post with "text" speak here in the grab bag section.  You may want to scan for it too.