March 28, 2024, 02:22:10 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Can We Stop for A Moment

Started by BellaTerra66, August 09, 2010, 03:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BellaTerra66

There's so much going on in the world today.  The fires in Russia, the floods in Pakistan, the mudslides in China, the world economy, our country's economy, BP's oil spill, the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Haiti's earthquake -- just to name a few. 

Regardless of a country's political position, their citizens are human beings just like us.  And we are all connected.  I'm sure we would not all agree politically, and yet here we are, together and united.

Perhaps we can take a few moments tonight to pray for/send good thoughts to the many, many people who are suffering so much and to be grateful to Whomever we deem our higher power.

Life is not perfect for us, I know.  Our posts are evidence of that.  I am not suggesting that we deny our pain.  But generally, overall, most of us are so very, very fortunate.  I know I don't think enough about how good my life is compared to most of the rest of the people living in this world.

Bella

Nana

Bella....it is so true.  Despite the fact that we all do have problems, still we are so lucky in so many ways..

I will join you in my prayers for this world that is a mess.

Good night!
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

cremebrulee

very thoughtful reminder, thank you Bella
yes, I will

Pen

Perspective is very important, and I know I can get very insulated and self-centered if I allow DIL/DS issues take over my life. Thanks, Bella, for the reminder.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb