March 28, 2024, 04:28:46 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

First Cruise

Started by Pooh, July 29, 2010, 12:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Ok, so you all know from my numerous posts that my DH is absolutely incredible....Lol.  So last night, he just looks at me, out of the blue and says, "That's it.  I am tired of being responsible all the time.  Life will always get in the way.  Neither one of us has ever been on a cruise, so we are going.  Start looking for late September or October.  Since the kids are acting ungrateful, we are going to start spending their inheritance!"

So I am all excited.  We both sooooo need this right now.  Between his daughter causing him heartache and my apparant "medical anomaly", we are so needing some stress relief.

We have never been on a cruise, so looking for cruise line suggestions (We want to do the Bahamas or Mexico area)?  Advice? Tips?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

Yay! Have fun planning and going. Yay!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Barbie

July 29, 2010, 02:35:09 PM #2 Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 03:48:04 PM by guest1
That is a wonderful way to spend your kid's inheritance LOL. We go on a cruise every year and love it. It doesn't matter where you go, every island is unique.
Royal Caribbean is one of the best also more expensive. I'd say just go wherever your budget allows you'll have a good time.

Pooh

Thanks guys.  I am cruise illiterate and trying to read about them on the internet.  The girls here at work just told me to skip Mexico ports and go for the Eastern Carribean for the first time?  Guest, thats what I am reading and hearing, that Royal is the best but that Carnival offers the most bang for the buck.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

cremebrulee

Where ever you go, however you go, I hope you have a fantabulous time..... ;D

cadagi101

That's great have an awesome time and stay in touch

Barbie

Eastern Caribbean sounds good. I love Nassau, St. Martin, St. Thomas and San Juan. We went on the Carnival Liberty once and loved the ship.

Hope

Pooh,
I replied earlier tonight, but just saw that it didn't take.  I'll try to remember what I all wrote.  Here goes...
My od/sil invited my dh/me to go on an eastcoast cruise this September - on the Princess.  My sil was our travel coordinator and he's very good at finding bargains.  He used travelocity.com and expedia.com to compare prices.  He also went to tripadvisor to read reviews.  Then he went to a few other sites to verify on board credits etc.
I'm so happy for you - and happy to know you are enjoying some of that hard earned money you and your dh worked for!  I wish you all the best!!!!!!!!
Hugs, Hope