April 23, 2024, 08:15:10 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

What a difference a year makes!

Started by autumnwoman, March 01, 2013, 08:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

autumnwoman

It has been quite some time since I wrote on this site.  I can never repay the wonderful advice, sympathy and great friendship I was given when I was at my darkest hours.  I want to share with all of you the absolute joy that has occurred in my life.  I now have a relationship with my DS/DIL not perfect but making great strides every day.  I have the best relationship with my GS that I never thought I would and I have all of you to thank for it.  If I had stayed in my poor me place and did not live for myself I don't think I would have ever had opportunity to meet my GS.  He is the love of my life and I cherish every moment I get to spend with him.  His first birthday is this Sunday and I'm going to the party and I can't wait.  This will be the first family gathering I have been invited to or attended with both sides since 2010.  I'm a little nervous but I am confident in myself and how I have grown that I can handle anything. 

I want to tell anyone new that these ladies are the best.  Luise the creator is a priceless gem and her knowledge is beyond words.  Pen, Keys Girl have always given me such great advice or just their opinions to help me see different sides to all situations.  All I can say is that I know your pain and you have to focus on you which was very hard for me since our life is our children.  I never thought I would have a good relationship with my oldest DS again, but we are working on it and I am content for now. 

Sending love to each one of you and hoping that if your situations don't get resolved as you would like that at least you will find peace and happiness in your lives with the people that want you in their lives.  They are the ones that matter most anyways. 

luise.volta

What a beautiful post about a beautiful life. Congratulations for giving it to yourself! :)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

Autumnwoman, thanks for the props. What great news! You did the work, you did what you had to do. I'm so glad it is working out for you. Thank you for being part of this amazing site. We all benefit from everyone's input; I know my situation could have turned into a nightmare if you all hadn't given me good advice & loving support (& sometimes a kick in the booty when needed.) I'm forever grateful for Luise & Kirk for starting this site a few years ago, and I'm still amazed that I stumbled upon it in my time of need.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Elise

Autumn - so happy to read your post. My own experience is similar and I do not think I would be where I am today - in contact with ds, dil and new gd if not for the wisdom of the ladies here. Enjoy that party and kudos to you and all the ladies here who give so honestly from their hearts.

Pooh

That's is absolutely wonderful Autumn...so happy for you!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

herbalescapes

Congratulations.  It's a reminder to everyone that things can change. 

Didi.lost

Yes congratulations to you.  That is wonderful. And thanks for your story, it gives me a small bit of hope to live with.