March 19, 2024, 02:59:06 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Free On Line Book:) Letting Go of Our Adult Children

Started by Footloose, January 08, 2013, 06:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footloose

http://www.support4c...d=177/4/09.html

The title is Letting Go of Our Adult Children.  It will help you so much.  And it's completely free.  I just stumbled across it and am reading it now. 
Best wishes!

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Footloose

Thanks, Pooh!  i need to watch my dang typos!  Anyway, i just finished it and it is a wonderful book and ya can't beat the price;)

I love the velcro references and the suggested tools to let go with love while releasing lost dreams.  I hope the lessons I learn will help me replace my expectations of what my life would be like with my adult son, his children and extended families. 

Hugs!