March 28, 2024, 03:18:05 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Abrieviation - help

Started by Diane, November 09, 2012, 02:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane

Can someone help me out. I think I get most of these but I still don't know what DD stands for. Please help.

YS - younger sister
OS - older sister
DIL - daughter in law
DD?

luise.volta

November 09, 2012, 02:42:11 PM #1 Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 02:45:47 PM by luise.volta
It's a new member requirement to read the three posts on Open Me First on the Home Page to be sure you understand the Forum Agreement and feel that WWU is a fit for you. You will find your answer there under "How To Post."
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Diane

Thank you - I read it but skimmed it. Appreciate your help! It is the place for me - immensely helpful!

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Diane

Yes - It had been quite the strugle with my son the last few years. It is great to find similar stories (well not great but you know what I mean) so that I know I am not alone going through this. I thought I was the only single parent who I thought had done a pretty good job only to find an ungrateful, angry DS in the end. Thankfully I found this site and have a DLIBF (Dear Live-in Boyfriend). Who has been extremely helpful as well. Fortunately his boys have treated me well (12 and 16).