March 29, 2024, 04:50:29 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Feeling pretty strong lately

Started by Lillycache, August 12, 2012, 01:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lillycache

I hate that I get myself wallowing in pity and lamenting over how things should be.  I truely hate that.   I have been focusing on the great things that I do have in my life.   I have a good job... it is rewarding and it also pays very well.  I have wonderful collegues at work. These are nurses who are strong and compassionate and a joy to know.  I have a wonderful husband who I can count on and who loves me dearly..    I have my animals that I adore.   My animals light my life.    I consider them my furry kids and I am mom 2 pets x 8.   I think we all need to take a look at what we do have and be thankful.   I am guilty of forgetting that sometimes.

luise.volta

LC - Really good point to my way of thinking. I take the time right before I go to sleep at night and again in the morning before I get up to list the things I am grateful for...and still sometimes forget during the day. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Doe

I hear you too, LC and I'm glad you're building your 'self' muscles up.

And nurses hold an exalted status in my mind - up there with angels. 

pam1

Great reminder, LC.  I've been catching myself in the end of summer blues...but I actually have a lot to be thankful for!
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Lillycache

I think what's important is to not let others define you and who you are.  When we let them do that we are allowing them to control our narative, no matter how false.  I KNOW that I am a good person and have never intentionally done or said anything to warrant what has been thrown at me.   I know that I was a great mother who always did what I felt best for my children.   I know that I truly tried to be a good MIL and a super GM.  If I was rejected it was not my shortcoming, but that of the people rejecting me.... and it certainly is their loss.

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama