March 28, 2024, 09:27:59 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Possible WWU Items

Started by luise.volta, July 09, 2012, 11:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Oh, I like that, Scoop. My ring is two Vs for Val Volta with garnet and diamond. I think I will look for a WWU ring! Anyone want to design one and point us to it?  :)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Footloose

CM, great news!
I hope u have a blast! Try and keep the offenders invisible while you and beautiful hubby shine on! Blessings to u!

Ps wear an angel pin for all the wise women who will be keeping u dear.

lancaster lady

Yes Luise , we definitely need a fraternity pin /ring ...... :)

SCW

lol do you mean a "maternity" for Mothers?
We also deem those happy, who from the experience of life, have learned to bear its ills and without descanting on their weight.
Junvenal

constantmargaret

I love the idea of a WWU insignia. Ring, pendant, or maybe embroidered big girl panties. haha

luise.volta

Smilesback@u

Big girl panties!!!  love it! 8)

Footloose

big panties?!  I have em already!  oh, big girl panties?? well i guess i have them too.  Working on small panties by gym 3 x week.  Day one was yesterday so i am on the right path!   

Smilesback@u

Good going to the gym FL - Day 1 is the hardest!  Keep it going :)

Pooh

This would be my solution to the photo problem.  If they try to make you have a pic with Ex, hitch up your dress, kick off your shoes, give a big "Yee Haw" and start throwing out the peace sign each time they click the shutter.  You could switch back and forth between that and a rapper stance with a spread leg stance....they will click a couple and not ask you to be in anything else....that's what I would do   ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Smilesback@u

I Like the I am going to go crazy on you approach alot - how about bending over and showing those big girl bloomers you got on?

constantmargaret

I like the Richard Nixon peace sign idea. I think I'll start growing out my armpits for the occasion.

Lillycache

Quote from: SCW on July 09, 2012, 12:51:59 PM
lol do you mean a "maternity" for Mothers?

Bite thy tongue woman!!!   Although at my age I might be able to sell my story!   Anyway... Sorority... we need a Sorority ring.

luise.volta

CM - Design one. I'll buy it!  :D

Pen

If we can't get a specially designed ring/pendant/bracelet, perhaps Luise could find one on Amazon or Overstock that would work? Or choose a gemstone color so we could buy the design we liked or use something we might already own? I really love the idea of wearing something that will cue us in during times of discomfort or stress, and knowing there are other WWU out there w/a similar piece would be even better.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb