March 29, 2024, 06:23:59 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Possible WWU Items

Started by luise.volta, July 09, 2012, 11:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancaster lady

luise.volta

P - I just love the idea, even though it started out as a funny comment. I am not into pendants...and I know a T-shirt would blow our anonymity but a ring seems perfect! I coulnd't find anything on Amazon but how about this with W.W.U. on it? (It could have been our grandmother's showing her initials, right?)

http://www.dunham-mfg.com/Class_Rings/DisplayMetals.aspx?cat=1&style=3&model=97

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

I don't wear bracelets, pins, pendants, necklaces or earrings because they make me feel like a Christmas tree. I have jewelry and often look at it when I get dressed up and try it on...but no go. I may be in the minority but I would vote for something I don't put on and take off, so when the need arises, I can rub my ring and the WWU Genie would appear. LOL!

Pooh

I love the idea of a ring Luise, but I can't afford right now to fork out $200 on one.  I wouldn't wear it all the time as I have 3 rings I never take off as all are very special to me, and I can't imagine wearing a 4th all the time...Lol.

On the simpler side and less expensive, I saw this website where you can create and design your own custom small pin.  Looks like the pricing runs to the $1.50 range...Lol.  I'm a cheapskate.

http://www.custompin.com/index.html
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

July 12, 2012, 02:01:34 PM #19 Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:41:19 PM by luise.volta
(I wrote a teasing remark here but I deleted it because it didn't come across the way I had intended...which was  loving and kind.)

Pooh - I don't wear pins, as I said. It would go into that drawer. This may just be one of those unresolvable things because of our personal preferences and perspectives.

Or...maybe a committee? LOL! Or each of us could just do what appeals to us most and share? We can make it up any way we want to. The idea seems to appeal to a lot of us.

Again, thanks, Scoop!  ;D

Pen

LL, that's a lovely bracelet :)

Luise, how do you feel about crystal? Or is there a more meaningful gem color for you?

Crystal seems an affordable alternative, and many of us may already have crystal earrings, a pendant, brooch, earrings or a ring. We could each wear what we prefer/afford.

Fake gems would work in another color depending on what you choose, Luise, for those of us who don't want to spend big bucks on jewelry.

I think this is doable w/o anyone being inconvenienced financially. All Luise has to do is pick a sparkly and we can find/purchase/wear what we like (or not.) It will still be meaningful to us WWU-ers, lol.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

pam1

Oooh, I like your ideas, Pen!!

Perhaps, a certain gem stone (and Luise's favorite would be particularly nice as she is the founder!) or some kind of logo?  A theme or something that carries on, no matter what a member chooses (ring, pendant, bracelet) would be the way to go, IMO.

I think there are websites that let you design jewelry, but I'm not sure how it works when there is more than one buying. 

If someone does have a logo or design in mind, please do share!  This is a great idea.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

I guess I lost my post when I was trying to move things around.

Pen - When you referred to crystals, were you talking about a setting for a ring? I think I may be the only person interested in a ring. And perhaps the idea of a setting for something else would be better with each person choosing her own birthstone or favorite rather than getting what I like.

Pam - I love the idea of a Logo and we have artists here.

Pen

Luise, I'm no expert but I believe crystals are set in many types of jewelry (from what I've seen in my Macy's sale catalogs!) If you were to choose a crystal or gem (real or manufactured) in a certain color, WWU-ers could follow suit with whatever type of jewelry they preferred. You may like to wear rings, but someone else might prefer to wear the gem/crystal color you pick in a brooch, bracelet, pendant or earrings. 

IMO, we wouldn't all have to have the exact same piece of jewelry for it to have the same meaning/supportive qualities. This way it would be affordable/practical for more of us. We could shop at our personal favorite stores or raid our own jewelry boxes. Depending on what Luise picks as the sparkly stone, some of us may already own it!

A logo would be way cool, but custom-designed jewelry might not be in many of our budgets. If we could find a style that's already being manufactured in different types of jewelry at an affordable price, that might work. IDK, just kind of brainstorming here.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

lancaster lady

I love the lapel pin Pooh , you could wear it underneath your lapel if it didnt match your outfit . I loved the umbrella , symbolising  protection of the WWU in all weathers. I vote the pin . :)

Keys Girl

I like the idea of some piece of jewelry that we could wear to keep us connected to all the WW here.  I have a small cameo that has a loop at the top so it can be worn on a chain and also has a pin within so it could be worn as a broach.

I think a cameo profile is a good idea, maybe a profile of Luise, and a ring version.  It likely could be available in inexpensive and a more expensive model to meet the options that all the women have. 

I'll keep my eyes open, and I love the umbrella idea, too.

KG
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

firelight

whether it is a ring, a necklace, a bracelet or big girl panties for WW  unite, I would be a customer as well!  Absolutely a wonderful idea! 
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~

luise.volta

:D Wow! What FUN! We are so incredibly diverse...so creative...and still so connected!  :D

I, too, wonder if we need to settle on the same thing. Who was it that suggested we not? Each one of us could buy a new piece of jewelry and endow it with our love for each other and our community. Maybe engrave it or even have WWU showing on it. Whatever. Then we could share with each other what we picked and why.

Pen - I love both the amethyst/healing and the aquamarine/spirit crystals. My concept is that when we heal (not transcend) the ego, the spirit soars.

I just found this on eBay (and there are more than one, if anyone else would want one):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-41-Ct-Oval-Purple-Amethyst-and-Aquamarine-Gold-Plated-Silver-Ring-/140792849067?var=#vi-content

I would have WWU engraved on the inside, if we all picked our own piece of jewelry. And when I touched it, my mantra would be "Sending love..."  8)

I don't know when I have had such a good time co-creating a concept and how to represent it. I think the last time may have been when I came up with WWU and Kirk partnered with me!  :D)

lancaster lady

Lovely ring Luise , but they don't ship to UK .... :(

luise.volta

LL - I do!  ;) Anyone who wants one...I will order it and then forward it. Sending love...