March 28, 2024, 02:34:59 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Our Point System

Started by cremebrulee, April 29, 2010, 09:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

1Glitterati

If it makes the board happy, I think it's great.

I always thought they were more for very strongly agree and very strongly disagree than for the literal definition of Karma.  I gave some pluses, I gave some minuses, I got some pluses, I got some minuses.  T'wasn't a big deal to me...but having them gone isn't either. 

luise.volta

It seemed an OK (built-into the software) feature at first. I got the most minuses but that made sense because once in a while I have to be the "heavy" (for the good of the order.)

My take on it is that as long as it was used the way you used it, all was well but it was never intended to be a weapon of mass destruction. Simpler by far to discontinue it and put our likes an dislikes out front in a respectful and accountable manner.

I doubt anyone who used it wisely, will miss it to any serious degree. I hope not.

Hope

Thanks, Luise.  i liked the plus feature, but I think someone was really abusing the minuses and had to be stopped.  That isn't what this forum is all about.  It's about helping eachother, not tearing them down.  Seemed like a selfish and immature thing for someone to do.  Now we can freely give our opinion without the fear of the minus monster.  The basement comments were great!  It's like a does of medicine to laugh, isn't it?
Sending everyone love and happy thoughts.....
Hope

kathleen

After reading all these posts, I still can't figure out the "point system."  Yikes!  I shouldn't be let loose on the Internet!  How do you find these points?  Someone wrote how to do it, but I still can't get it.

Kathleen

luise.volta

The point system has been deleted. It was a way to vote for or against a person's posts but it was used unkindly.