April 25, 2024, 12:58:41 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Our Point System

Started by cremebrulee, April 29, 2010, 09:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cremebrulee

I got 3 more since Luise lowered them?  Someone is really really jealous or something, but somethings wrong....I think there should be a wat ti monitor who is giving them, and repromand who ever is doing it, this is ridiculous
you gals don't deserve them one iota....

RedRose

Well...look at mine...nobody ever likes what I say either way.

I wish we would get rid if them too.

RedRose

Thanks, Anna, I always like what you have to say too.

cremebrulee

I like what you all have to say...even though we may not all agree, that's how we learn...

I'm so glad your all here..... ;D

luise.volta

This looks like an unhealthy game on someone's part, Creme. I agree with everyone that the negative karma doesn't serve anyone except a person with a grudge(who obviously fears visibility.) I will ask Kirk again is there is any possible way to get rid of it (and her.) I don't think it is about what is being said, not really.  It is not coming from a Wise Woman. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Orly

HEY!  Someone took pity on my lopsidedness and has started me back on the road to an even keel.  All right!

luise.volta

Ah, the mad-minus-monster(ess)!

luise.volta

OMG! He did it? Kirk said it was way complicated to mess with the software at that level but I pleaded with him again today in everyone's behalf!

He has effectively killed the Minus Stalker! Yea!! What a guy our Webmaster is!!!  ;D ;D ;D 

We are all capable of communicating without having to hide our identities to do it!!

Creme...thanks for bringing this to a head.  :)

elsieshaye

Thanks, Kirk and Louise!
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Orly

Oh thank you Kirk and Luise for returning me to stability!  No longer do I need worry about walking lopsided from accumulated karma points, scaring small children with my representation of Igor as I stride down the street.  My karmic load is visually lifted, my heart is soothed, and BOY, am I a much happier grump!

"kneeling and kowtowing towards the islands of Hawaii",  in the words of Wayne and Garth from "Wayne's World",    "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy".   

LOL!

luise.volta

Oh, Orly, you are so funny! It does feel better, doesn't it? A great one-year-WWU- anniversary present from the Holy Webmaster One out there in Paradise.  ;D

Postscript

You know it's a completely moot point now, but do you think it's possible all this angst over the minus points perhaps provoked more?

I didn't hear anyone saying wow, I have 40+ points and only 15 - points :D, 40 people liked what I have to say, my cup runneth over! Instead people concentrated on the negative.  In a way it's indicative of the human condition, instead of being grateful for the positives in our lives, we concentrate on the negative parts.

Luise what is that poor little man in his Mom's basement going to do with himself now?  I imagine his mother does post somewhere something along the lines of...

I love my son, I really do but how to motivate him to do something with his life?  He lives in my basement, never goes anywhere and lives through his computer!  I am retired, I worked and saved all my life for this, now I want to enjoy my retirement, but he's there in my basement and I am the only human contact he has.  I want to go on a 12 month cruise and see the world but I worry he might go all "Norman Bates" if I do, then I will come home to some sad parody of myself, dressed in my clothes and my son talking in falsetto for me!  Especially now they took away his ability to give - points on the WWU site! What to do?

cremebrulee

QuotePostscript
You know it's a completely moot point now, but do you think it's possible all this angst over the minus points perhaps provoked more?

I didn't hear anyone saying wow, I have 40+ points and only 15 - points :D, 40 people liked what I have to say, my cup runneth over! Instead people concentrated on the negative.  In a way it's indicative of the human condition, instead of being grateful for the positives in our lives, we concentrate on the negative parts.

Good Morning Postscript...I hear your words and certainly understand what you mean...however, when you go from 13 negatives to 28 in a matter of days, something or someone is wrong...it was someone who had a grudge or was a very unahppy person...generally I didn't care about the points...however, when I saw them go up and up everyday, I was concerned about someone coming in here and being vindictive...and whoever it was was doing the same thing to others...

I know your right, in what you say....but it wasn't right that someone could get away with some thing like that either, and it wasn't just me...he/she was attacking others in the same way...so just know, I felt it was something that had to be addressed....

Thank you to Luise and Kirck for your help...I hope whoever was playing this game, has been stopped....

luise.volta

News Flash: We have saved the ugly little man in the basement! When he couldn't lurk and strike on WWU and watch people's concern...he stepped out into the sunshine for a moment check his poison ivy patch and fell in love. There was a puddle there from a Spring rain and when he saw himself he was enamored. He ran back inside and shaved and out again to see what that did...and what followed was amazing. After several more changes and rechecks in the puddle...he went to town. I kid you not! He want to get a mirror before the puddle dried up! He took it to his mother and showed her his discovery and urged her to go on her cruise because now he could keep himself company. She suggested that he look on a dating Website for a suitable companion with the depth and breath of intellect and personality he was evidencing and booked her cruise. It's the kind of cruise that can be renewed at the end of twelve months. Looks like they are going to live happily ever after and we did it! We removed the Karma points from WWU and FREED THEM!!

Marilyn

This is just too funny Luise! :)

I love it!