March 28, 2024, 05:01:07 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Bullies on the bus.......wouldn't want to be their mother or MIL

Started by Keys Girl, June 21, 2012, 07:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keys Girl

The first thing that crossed my mind when I watched the viral video of that 68 year old grandmother who was bullied on the bus by 4 young kids, with some cruel and malicious remarks as well as being physically harassed was how will those boys treat their mothers or MILs in a couple of decades if they are doing this at such a young age?

I'm gratified that so many people are contributing to the fund for her and that she will probably get a lovely vacation out of this.

If those brats hadn't videotaped their satisfaction at her humiliation and then put it on a Facebook page and it hit Youtube, it would have been just another day where the bad dogs have some fun.

KG
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Footloose

AND that granny is now laughing all the way to the bank!  up to half a million dollars!  She is set for a huge vacation!!!and then some:)

I bet the snots didn't eveb get suspended from the bus and they should be for the whole year!

Keys Girl

Good for her, but with all that money, those brats might just come back to rob her.  Hope someone donates a security system for her house!

KG
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Pooh

The school system should step up and suspend them for a year and never allow them to ride the bus again.  The parents should step up and make them upload a youtube/FB video of all of them humbly apologizing to her and then ground them for a year, taking every thing away from them that they own that has any semblance of fun and then the police should prosecute them as juveniles and let them spend a few days behind bars to see what they are in for if they continue this path.

I would bet a million dollars, if they had no problem doing this to an elderly person, video taping it and displaying it for the world to see because they thought it was funny, they are bullying other children as well.

I have no sympathy for this type of behavior....can you tell?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Elise

Terrible, just terrible. I am waiting to hear what those parents do and I bet it will be nothing. The animals are running the zoo. I was in a convenience store a few months ago and a group of what looked to be late grade school girls were in there - clerk a young lady around early 20's. Sign clearly said no more than x number of students in store at a time and when  clerk told them some of them had to leave they became a pack of little devils - started yelling at her. It was at that point I walked into it, and heard this and told them in a loud voice to 'stop and leave now" or I would call the police - they turned on me and started at me - at which point I just glared at them, pulled out my cell phone and flipped it open - they fled. They were waiting for me outside and tried to harass me, I just walked past. Glad they didn't know where I lived though - that thought definitely went through my head.  And I live in one of the top ten cities to raise kids in the the USA according to US News this year!

pam1

I agree with you, Pooh.  I doubt the bus driver is the only one they've bullied, imagine the more vulnerable kids in their vicinity.  Cringing just thinking about it.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pen

I was teased terrorised as a kid, and I've been made very uncomfortable by rude strangers as an adult. My DDD has also experienced similar treatment. Watching the video was extremely nerve-wracking for me. I'm impressed by the woman's desire to meet privately w/the perps children to ask "Why?" Also, she doesn't want them prosecuted. She said she thinks they should be kicked off the bus for a year. What a class act after such awful treatment, but I guess she can afford to be generous now :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Doe

That lady could have used a cell phone with a video recorder - I think it would have stopped those kids.
On the other hand, glad she has all that money now!

Pen

I just read an interesting perspective on this. The author of the piece feels that, although the grandma did not deserve to be harrassed in such a mean way, she shouldn't have  been paid as a bus monitor if she wasn't able to control the students who were behaving poorly.

When I first saw the video I thought she was simply riding a city bus, minding her own business. I tend to agree w/the above opinion now that I know she was the one responsible for monitoring student behavior. It would have been better if the district had hired a tougher person as bus monitor.

Jobs w/kids aren't for sissies, that's for sure. Oh, I'm so not looking forward to the next school year :(
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Footloose

Ya know what? I didn't think of that before and your are so right! She actually was sleeping and let her glasses fog up. There's our govmt at "work" !

Yet another person made to be a celebrity and rewarded for sleeping on the job!  Over a half of a million $$$ that could have been used for ppl with real needs!  Bet she's going to Disney World! What the heck is happening to our country? With her citizens? Why do we reward celebrities?!

I will never stoop to celebrity and prefer to do the right thing just because it simply is the right thing to do. There used to b a time when everyone was expected to do the right thing and you didn't get rewarded. U just did it.

Takers, liars and self made losers make me sick! Sorry for the rant but every dollar taken for personal gain and luxury is steeling from those poor souls who need it most but may be too proud or broken to consider help.

Pen

Yikes, I didn't mean for this to become a political thing  :( 

I'm not taking it as far as you are, FL. As a responsible, hard-working government employee I resent the "at work" jibe. My comment was that the woman was probably not suited for her particular job, not a condemnation of the government or its employees.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Monroe

Quote from: Footloose on June 23, 2012, 01:36:20 PM
Ya know what? I didn't think of that before and your are so right! She actually was sleeping and let her glasses fog up. There's our govmt at "work" !

Didn't think of what, Footloose?  And the sleeping?   I had not heard that.  What is the source of that information if you don't mind?   thanks. 

luise.volta

OK, I've been gone today due to a crisis involving Val. I'm stepping in here, now, because my sense is that WWU is not set up for news and political commentary. It's easy to do when something is front and center but/and debate naturally follows. Thanks for indulging me by tiptoeing around current events, religion and the kinds of things that lend themselves easily to reactive posts. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama