March 28, 2024, 09:10:05 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Reminder

Started by forever spring, April 29, 2012, 10:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forever spring

We are only in this world for a relatively short time - why waste this time with feuds and bad feelings?

Totally rhetorical question of course. There would be no literature, music or art if all was hunky dory and we loved each other 24/7, I know that but sometimes it would be so good to live in peace and harmony always! As in the song:

'I want to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony with honey bees and apple trees and snow white turtle doves.'  :D :D :D

I like posting on the positive thought thread. I read it every morning, then go for a brisk walk to face the day - and it works wonders. I'm not disconnecting myself from my pain but I have found a way to make it bearable until it passes - and pass it will!

See, I feel better already humming the song above.
Have a good day when it starts in your part of the world!

Doe

Great post, FS! 

I realized yesterday that even thinking about painful situations is a not a healthy activity.  I know they are there, I don't have to grind and grind and grind through them.

Off to my walk, too!

Beth 2011

Hi Forever Spring,

I love that song.... do you remember the Coke commercial with them all in a line singing this song?  Also the infamous make love, not war.   ;D

forever spring

Yep, I do remember the commercial, clever move by Coke.
It's a melody that's difficult to shake off once it's in your brain. Why not connect with the beauty of life in amongst the dross.
Enjoy the Spring everybody in the Northern Hemisphere.  :)

Pooh

Now you got me going.  I just remembered the old commercial in the 80's I think?  "Pardon me.  Are those bugle boys?"  Ba ha ha
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

Stop it, stop it, get out of my head!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb