March 28, 2024, 02:30:04 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

My Chaotic Life Update

Started by Pooh, April 17, 2012, 08:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Well, let's start off with the great news.  YS did propose Sunday and she said "Yes!"  He called me afterwards to tell me they were officially engaged.  I'm very happy for them both.  They went and saw my Mom afterwards, took her and my Dad to lunch and shared all their news with them.  My Mom was thrilled.  They then left there to spend the evening through today with his Dad and Dad's FOO.  They will be coming to my house this evening and we leave in the morning for the cabin we rented in the mountains.  We will leave there Friday and take him to airport, tissue box in hand.  I am so looking forward to this. 

SD - umm....hmmm.....24 days til graduation!!!!!  That's all I'm saying.   ;D

Now me.  You guys know we have had a rough go of it lately with the whole /SDSF thing, etc.  Well, it finally got me.  I know my disease flares with stress so I have been working very hard the last months to keep my stress levels down.  The whole SD thing apparently caught up with me last week, probably compounded my the infor on the OS/DIL pregnancy.   First of the week, the pain in my arm increased X10 and I developed a knot over my elbow that was very painful.  Started feeling terrible...so knew I was in a flare.  By Wednesday, my entire hand would go to sleep.  Couldn't feel my fingers.  Would have to constantly move it around to keep it awake.  I knew I had a Dr's appointment Friday (my regular one) so I waited.  Thursday morning, I woke up to find my "ridge" indention had grown.  It has been the same since this started.  Starts at the top of my arm and stops right at my elbow.  It has now crossed my elbow joint and goes down past it about two inches.

I saw my MD Friday and they have ordered the EMG/Nerve conduction studies.  He's concerned the inflammation/knotting in my elbow joint is pressing on the Ulna nerve which would cause the numbness and to check the muscle damage.  They wanted me to go tomorrow....ummm....no...I'm going out of town!  Not missing it!  So I now go the 30th because that's the next time they have an opening.

So that's why I haven't been around for the last week much.  I can't type long as it hurts and goes to sleep eventually.  I have been reading everything and keeping up with everyone.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

Oh dear Pooh .....
I hope it doesn't spoil your weekend .....try the 'ole hot tub , maybe that will ease the pain .
Have  a wonderful time .... :)

luise.volta

Oh, Pooh...I'm so sorry! Sending love and prayers and all good things...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Thanks.  I guess that even though I have been doing my best to keep the stress down, internally..it's been building.

LL...the hot tub has my name on it!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

elsieshaye

I'm sorry you're hurting, Pooh.  Hope your week away w/YDS and FDIL is restful and that your docs are helpful when you return.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Pooh

Thank you much Elsie.  I'm tolerating it well right now, but I know that if this continues, I'm going to become one crabby person.  ;D
Joseph Campbell

constantmargaret

Enjoy your well deserved holiday. :)

Pen

I'll be thinking of you Pooh. I hope you and your family had a lovely time in the mtns & you were able to lower the stress a bit before Saturday comes around. {{{hugs}}}
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

forever spring

Sorry to hear that Poo. Hot tub will help.Enjoy the calm of the holiday and look after yourself, you are sorely needed here!  :)

pam1

Just saw this, Pooh.  I'll be thinking of you and your family.  Big Hugs
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

Sorry guys, I have been MIA.  Son trip was awesome until we had to take him to the plane.  I had to hug him and run as the tears were flowing.

So we drop him off on that Friday, after having so much fun with both of them for two days.  We drop FDIL at home on our way back and then Son calls me late that evening, after he landed.  Yeah, apparently she was due to start her period while we were down there and didn't.  They didn't say anything because she had been on that awful brain de-swelling drug while she was in the hospital last month and was thinking it might be that.  Well it wasn't.  ;D  As soon as we dropped her off, she went to the store, then went back to the store and got 4 more after the first one came up positive.  Bless her heart.  She was supposed to have another surgery this past Thursday, so she wanted to know quickly.  So she is texting Son frantically while he is still in the air, even though she knew he couldn't get them until he landed...Lol.  She called her doctor, who immediately got her an appointment for Wednesday with a specialized baby doc.  She saw her, and between all of them, decided to postpone her surgery until she is into her second trimester and now they will do it while she is awake. 

So, they got out of order....Lol.  Got engaged a week prior and now expecting.  They still want to wait until he gets back next May to get married.  I am excited, they are excited although we are all hating that he will be gone during her entire pregnancy.  We are all concerned about her surgery, but they are assuring us that the way they will do it now is very low risk for the baby.  So I now have a GC due Dec. 21st, and the other, which OS/DIL still has not told us about, will be due end of October.  I am grateful that FDIL wants us involved.  That girl is one tough cookie.

Secondly, the weekend we got back, had major issues with SD.  Will not bore you with the details, but she was breaking house rules and when we sat her down to talk about it, she turned into a screaming banshee.  Name calling, disrespect, you name it.....we tried.  It ended with my DH finally having enough of her mouth and he grounded her for two weeks, she went in her room and slammed the door.  Next day, after school, her Mother sends my DH a text saying SD has moved out.  She had packed all her stuff and left, with us finding out later that she moved in with her GM (Mother's Mother).  So DH and Ex went back and forth for a little bit, with him telling her that it was not teaching SD anything to let her do this because she didn't like that he grounded her.  Mother was taking up for her, making excuses...same ole' same ole' and it pretty much ended with DH telling her that there was no reason for Ex to contact us anymore then.  DH was upset about how it ended, but also said he wouldn't do anything different.  During the screaming, she said that she was planning on leaving after grad in two weeks anyway but told us that is was none of our business where she was going.  So SD is gone.  She left her laptop and when she tried every way in the world for us to meet her Mother and give it to her, which we refused and told her she could come get it, she finally showed up this weekend.  DH told her he would always love her and hated that she felt she had to just pack and leave without talking to him.  She was civil and when he said, "I guess this is it.  I'll never see you again?", she did smile and say, "No, I'll be back on occasion."  I think he felt better after that.

I'm not going to lie.  It has been so nice at the house the last week.  I hate it for DH but even he realizes it was coming anyway.  Then during this week, I started dropping things.  I couldn't hold an object in my left hand long before I would lose my grip.  So I called my Doctor and they moved up my nerve tests to today.  Just got back and I will have the results tomorrow.  We will see what they say.

So a couple of chaotic weeks and my left hand is giving me fits, so I have been trying to stay off the computer too much.  Got SD's room all cleaned up and things have settled down at the house.

Sorry about not being around....I keep telling everyone to please come up with a big pin to pop this drama bubble I seem to be surrounded with.  I am grateful for a YS/FDIL that really want us to be involved.  FDIL has been calling or texting daily...she's truly a joy and I appreciate her efforts to make sure we know she wants us to be involved.  I even went as far as to ask her, "Ok, I have heard that many women don't want people at the hospital, even in the waiting room during birth.  I want you to know now that I want to do what you are comfortable with and however you want it."  She laughed and said, "I fully expect you to be there, bouncing up in down in the waiting room, sending in notes saying...will you hurry up already!"  Have I mentioned she is just wonderful?
Joseph Campbell

Doe

Wow, if you ever write your novel, Pooh, I'll buy it and read the whole thing!  Happy for you about the GC! and also happy for you about SD (though I understand DH's position).    I'm hoping that the grip is something that passes - my DH had an episode of something similar but it went away.  Fingers crossed that it's something simple for you. 

I think about you even when you aren't posting.  I'll bet a lot of other people here do, too.

lancaster lady

My Goodness Pooh ....you life aint simple is it ?

Looks like your ship came in with your f/DIL , she sounds like a good 'un .
fingers crossed all goes well with her health and future g/baby .

Also you ....take care Pooh , I hope you can get some relief soon .
And bless that y/DS and keep him safe .
Sending hugs ...(( :-*))

Pooh

Lol Doe.  I feel like I'm caught up in some "made for tv" movie the last few months.  It's so ironic.  Although it sounds like things are really awful, I feel we are on the upswing!  SD was so stressful to deal with and I wish it was different, but it's not and I hope nothing happens to her, but she has some major life lessons headed her way.  Her Mother?  I so don't get her.  She created SD's attitude, then couldn't deal with it and washed her hands of her, sending her to us to deal with, and now when she's doing the same to us and we're dealing with it, Mom is helping her dodge the consequences?  She needs medication.

I miss you guys too and I'm hoping beyond hope, my life settles back down soon.

LL, I want my life simple!  It's not cooperating! Lol.

Joseph Campbell

forever spring

Quote from: Pooh on April 30, 2012, 02:52:58 PM
LL, I want my life simple!  It's not cooperating! Lol.

So true for all of us here, lol.
Sorry to hear about recurring illness, but there seems to be light at the horizon with looking forward to the new GC by a lovely fDIL. Great stuff that. ((((hugs)))) from me too! Enjoy the spring time.