April 19, 2024, 05:25:35 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Keeping Your Sense of Humor

Started by Beth 2011, January 29, 2012, 08:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

OK, Pen  - what does that mean?  ???
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

elsieshaye

Pam,  he just retired (lucky duck!) but at work he was always on his blackberry, and yes, he text-spoke, lol.  In person, he's very well-spoken and professional.  Just impatient about typing out full words, lol.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Pooh

I type out everything too, except for a few words like LOL, TTYL and ILY.  That's about the extent of my shortcuts.

Luise, I'm guessing "Piano Tuner"????
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

pam1

I thought it was Pinot Noir.  Except for the 2, couldn't make that work in there somehow.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

If that happens agian...rear-end him, and find out for us!  8)

Pen

A well-tuned piano and Pinot Noir make for a lovely Friday night! Happy weekend, everyone :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

BellasMomMom

Just LOVE you ladies!! I'm really enjoying reading through these posts. I laughed out loud at the pino noir...that's what I thought it meant too! Guess we're of a similar mindset.  ;D ;D ;D

So happy I found this site. I believe it's an answer to my prayers!

luise.volta

BMM - Thank you. If you have chosen your User Name by using a grandchild's name and the name she calls you, please select a new User Name that will keep you anonymous. It may be important to you at a later date. We don't ever use proper names of family members in our posts or ID. I am the only exception to that rule because it's my site and I opted for more visibility since all of my family and Friends know about WWU. You will find out more about this when you reread the Forum Agreement. Go to the Home Page and click on Open Me First. Sending love...