April 24, 2024, 03:21:54 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Things are looking up.

Started by nikncon, January 20, 2012, 07:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikncon

;)Well WW my DS finally went back to work .He had to face his fellow workers and his ex future wife..He was so nervous that DS had not slept for a few nights.He did call tonight.Work went fairly well.The staff /friends said how sorry they were about his and  ex's breakup of engagement.After school ex and DS spoke .Ex was crying and said that she had so much going on with her ex her DC moving in with her ex in the fall.etc.My DS told her that he was doing all sorts of things to better himself and after he went through the surgery felt so much better now with be,ing able to sleep well ,taking classes to improve himself etc and now she decided that she no longer wanted to try to work things out.DS told her that now he is moving on, no longer  there for her even if she has problems with her ex or her DC etc. since she broke the engagement .She was crying a lot but DS left the office went home .After he called I told him how proud of the way he had handled himself.My DS is finally growing up emotionally.I am sure  in his next serious relationship that he will be more prepared .A big step for DS after all the pain he and I have been through in our lives.DS really loved this girl and I know still does but is realising that this would have been a very difficult amd complicated marriage and probably would not have worked out in the longrun..I feel so much better.You Ww were so right.DS would have to do this on his own and he did. ;D

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

luise.volta

How wonderful! You are making such progress and we are all here for you...to rejoice with you! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

nikncon

Thanks Luise.Hope to be at least half as wise as you when I am your young 84 yrs.Hugs.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

luise.volta

Hard not to be when you are on the learning curve you are on. I often say my learning curves were cliffs!  :o I'm glad you are insired by my colorful life. I love it when someone tells me they no longer fear getting old after hanging out with me. It ain't over 'til it's over!  ;)

Pooh

Good job nik and good for DS!

Not only do I not fear getting older because of you Luise, I'm actually starting to look forward to all the adventures.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Doe

Glad to hear he's through that hurdle!  The anticipation and build up can sometimes be worse than the actual event.

Pen

Thanks for the update, Nikncon :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Thanks, P. I think the greatest gift we can give ourselves...and what keeps my life so full and interesting...is "not knowing.' When we think we "know", we stop. When all we know is that we don't know...we investigate, experiment, try, research, share, pursue, learn and yes, grow. That doesn't have to be age-sensitive. Everything learned can go beyond "knowing" to the next question. The answers lie within and going there is the most courageous thing we will ever do. I will be 85 in March. Bring it on!  8) Sending love..

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

firelight

I'm so glad for your DS, nikncon, that after the initial pain and disappointment, he has reclaimed his own self-respect and doing his very best to move on.  Good for him!!!  I still have a feeling that this girl will want him to be her shoulder to cry on but if he stays strong, that will probably stop in time also. 

Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~