March 28, 2024, 03:49:58 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Colonoscopy---Anyone???

Started by CarolN, April 15, 2010, 07:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pen

Glad to hear you're OK, CarolN. The prep is nasty, but didn't you enjoy the "clean" feeling you had until you ate your first meal? LOL
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cadagi101

Hi Carol, fantastic news ,   thanks for replying.   Colon cancer is in my husbands family.  My husband and his family have colonoscopy's every 4 years or so.    I am 49 and I guess it is on my mind quite abit  and although I don't have any symptoms I sometimes wonder whether a "just in case colonoscolpy is needed."    It isn't in my family so I probably should just forget it and worry about something else LOL.   

cremebrulee

Quote from: Anna on July 26, 2010, 06:08:44 AM
Hi CarolN, no I have not had mine yet.  The Dr. was suppose to call & reschedule, & they haven't.  Maybe I should call them.  Maybe they forgot!!  I'm not too anxious, but know I need to have it done.  Still nervous about it.   :-\  Thanx for thinking of me!!  (((((hugs)))))   Anna.

Colonoscopy is nothing, nothing...please call and get it done....please...
I know a girl who left it go and had a scare...big time, so please, the colonscopy's are so easy and you feel no thing....compared to 20 years ago, it sure has changed, thank God, but please, this procedure is easy....and well worth it....

Pen

Thanks for the reminders. This is really important to follow up on, and I'm making an app't today.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Let me add to that: My sister died of colon cancer and my doc kept pressuring me for years to have a colonoscopy.  I dragged my feet and said I was fine. One day when I was working at the front desk here at our retirement home to cover the noon hour break...a nurse came by and mentioned she'd just had one. I made some remark about my situation and she actually yelled at me! I backed down and said I would schedule one immediately. I did and there were were several very advanced columnar adenoma just getting  ready to bloom into cancer!!! She saved my life!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

CarolN

Anna~~I agree with the other posts~~Call and make an appointment. Now that it's over I realize I should have listened to everyone here (that the prep was the worst part!) And believe me--no one is a bigger "scardy cat" than I am.  LOL

Hugs Carol

cremebrulee

Quote from: luise.volta on July 26, 2010, 08:24:38 AM
Let me add to that: My sister died of colon cancer and my doc kept pressuring me for years to have a colonoscopy.  I dragged my feet and said I was fine. One day when I was working at the front desk here at our retirement home to cover the noon hour break...a nurse came by and mentioned she'd just had one. I made some remark about my situation and she actually yelled at me! I backed down and said I would schedule one immediately. I did and there were were several very advanced columnar adenoma just getting  ready to bloom into cancer!!! She saved my life!

that is exactly what happened to a friend of mine...Oh Luise, thank God she bullied you into getting one....whew....

Hope

Quote from: CarolN on May 10, 2010, 11:45:39 AM
Cancelled my colonoscopy today and need to reschedule. Had to put our Golden Retriever,Halle,to sleep today and not really up to going Friday :'(

Carol
CarolN - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  Golden Retrievers are one of my favorite dogs.  I'm certain that Halle was part of your family and it is going to take some time to heal.  We are here for you!
Hugs, Hope

cremebrulee

CarolN
I'm so so sorry to hear this...it's always so devesating to have to do this....that is why I didn't get another dog for so long, however, here I am with another one? 
please know my thoughts are with you....
big hugs
creme